Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Muso introductions

Yay first post! Big Grin *does a first post jig*

Ok what do you play, how long have you been doing it, and brief comments?

I play the guitar and bass (15 years), and drums (10 years), but only at an amateur level. Been playing in church worship bands for the most part with a few small jazz gigs thrown in here and there.

I'm a real gear freak (love my guitars, pedals and amps) and I also enjoy dabbling in audio recording at home on my PC.

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Yay! second post!! *does a second post jig* haha
I play the guitar, piano, computer and camera.
I've been playing the guitar since November 1999, piano since 1992 (but I stopped lessons a long time ago and dont play much anymore), computer since maybe 1989 and camera since 1997, then more camera in 2000 (when we got our digital camera), then even more camera in 2004 (when I got my DSLR).
I love guitar, camera, computer!
When I have those three things with me, I can stay entertained.
Been playing in church worship band for the past few years, but it seems that my guitar playing ability has plateaud, I would like to move onto newer things.

Hi Adam,

Yes I know what you mean about plateauing on the guitar. I mean we learn new songs but never really get better skill wise. For me, I know its because I hardly ever practise at home. If I invested an hour a day practicing, I'm sure I'd have nothing to complain about, heh heh...

What guitar(s) do you have?

I've got a Maton MS500 electric, an Ayers DSM acoustic electric and my wife plays a Yamaha RBX370 electric bass. I'll post pics of our gear up one day - my wife took the camera with her on a 2 week holiday Sad

Yay! Created this forum! *does the forum creation jig* Big Grin

I play classical guitar, accoustic, bass guitar, and also pretend that I can play the electric guitar and keyboard. And like you, adam, I "play" my camera. Very much. Computer... not so much Smile

I started my classical guitar back in primary school, but gave that up halfway through high school. Been doing the bass & accoustic for the past... 8 years?

I've got an acoustic Martin 000CX1E (auditorium), and electric Fender (Mexican) fat strat and now my sister uses the epiphone dot Smile
I was just shooting the dot with my new lens just now Tongue haha

Ahh! Is MS500 the Maton Mastersound? Looks nice, but I never played one before Tongue

I play guitar (electrical)

My setup:
Yamaha ERG121 --> Boss ME-30 multiple effects --> yamaha amp

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Yup! I'm using the Mastersound. I got it when it first came out and it's a very versatile guitar. Dual humbuckers with a switch to split the coils for a single coil sound.

I've got a rattling tuning machine, but I just received new tuning machines in the mail so I'm going to replace those which should fix the problem.

If you buy a Mastersound now, they all come fitted with the spanking new TonePro bridge and saddles which supposedly increase sustain and is better for intonation. Sexy!

Pray tell, what's the Epi Dot like? I like the look of it but never played one.

Epi dot, it's the guitar I started on Smile
I really like how it's semi-hollow so you can still hear it when not plugged in as compared to a strat.
It's got 2 humbuckers and a 3 way switch, but I really don't know what pickup configuration the switch gives, though all I have to do is switch and adjust volume of each pickup. I'm sure I've done it before, but don't know now Smile

Last time, the input jack unscrewed and fell inside, it took a long long long time with a bent piece of wire trying to pull it out through the hole again, since theres no plate to unscrew and have access to the insides Tongue

Ewww - that's 10 times nastier than having to fish out your plecturm when it falls through the soundhole of your acoustic.... Sad

[Image: IMG_6272%20(Small).JPG]
dot Smile

[Image: IMG_5166%20(Small).JPG]
strat.

inspired me to make a new thread.... post your instruments!

ahhhh! now we're talkin!

I don't have my cam with me but I will by the end of the week, so I'll post some guitar pictures then... Big Grin

hey...my first post on this forum...but so far it looks like ima be a reguler visitor..haha,nyways,i play a Yamaha Erg121,fixed to a zoom 606 multieffect perdal,to a yamaha amp.....but sometimes i ditch my amp and juss fix em up to the pc or a soundsystem....

Welcome Veyron! Sign up if you're planning to be regular - you get access to some hidden features (image upload, post count, etc.) that way...