Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello Shuttertalk
Smile 

Hi everyone. I am an amateur photographer who really didn't kick off seriously until I retired a couple of years ago. I am from the UK (Chester area for those who know it) so I am conscious of the 8hrs time difference this forum operates on. I used to work in NM (7hrs time difference) and experienced the challenges that brought to communications with the UK.

I joined a local camera club and regularly participate in the internal club competitions with mixed success. I don't really subscribe to a particular genre of photography but I am leaning more towards Landscape. I follow Valerie Jardin on Twitter and I'm a great admirer of her work.

I look forward to joining the discussions on this forum. Cheers for now.

Hi hfb46,
Welcome. There are a few Brits here.

The time difference doesn't mean much on a web site. You put your bit in in uk time and then later the Canadians and Americans reply, followed by Aussies a few more hours later. Then the middle east and back to us. (Centre of the world Big Grin)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hello hfb46,

Welcome to the photography forums! We are delighted you are here with us!

What kind of cameras do you have experience with? We would love to see some of your work! Feel free to share in the forums! Glad you are here!

Barbara

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Gandalf1953
Mar 12, 2015, 05:52