Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shuttertalk Christmas Competition

It's that time of year for giving, and to thank you loyal Shuttertalkers for your support over these past few months, we'll be running a prize giveaway to coincide with Christmas!

I thought that I'll be fair to our international members by giving away two $50 Amazon gift certificates as prizes! Here's how to win:

1. One prize to a Shuttertalk member's thread started between Dec 1 2004 and midnight Dec 24 2004 with the most replies. Note, the thread owner's replies will be excluded from the count.

2. One prize allocated randomly to the owner of a forum post between Dec 1 2004 and midnight Dec 24 2004. Note that the selection will be drawn from a "barrel" if you will, of posts within that period -- so every post counts an entry. To statistically increase your chances of winning, just post more!

The winners will be announced on Christmas Day - 25 Dec 2004. Note that you'll need to be a Shuttertalk Forums member to participate in the giveaways. What are you waiting for? Start posting!

Edit: Oops, sorry, I realise #1 was a bit vague, and I've expanded the description.

shuttertalk Wrote:1. One prize to a Shuttertalk member starting the thread with most replies between Dec 1 2004 and midnight Dec 24 2004. Note, the thread owner's replies will be excluded from the count.

Is this a photo showcase thread?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Any forum thread... except maybe test ones. Smile

Sorry I realise that the descriptions may be a bit confusing and difficult to understand. Here they are again reiterated:

1. Of all forum threads started between Dec 1 and midnight Dec 24, the one with the most replies wins! Replies by the owner of the thread will be subtracted from the count.

2. Of all forum posts between Dec 1 and midnight Dec 24, one will be randomly drawn out as a winner!

Threads / posts started in any forum, except for the test forum, are valid. Also, you need to be a Shuttertalk Forums member to win.

Obviously, my threads/posts will be excluded from participation. Big Grin

Hope that makes things clearer!

that's a shame ST.. cos the number of questions increase everytime I read it.. which could make this thread the winner Smile

Now, to intimidate the remainder of Shutter Talk into answering my threads... well, actually, first step is to think of a thread Smile

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

Today appears to be Decemeber 25 and I have my order ready to process as soon as I get my voucher! I didn not get ANY presents so hurry up, good enought for me to have no present good enought for you ya lazy old man shuttertalk!

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Hi Dewy... Nice to read you... How was it? Did you receive nice presents? I really hope so... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Ok everyone, it's now time to announce what everyone has been waiting for. Firstly, thanks to all for participating in the giveaways... did you know that there were almost 200 new topics and 1200 posts in December alone?

For the winner of the thread with most replies (excluding their own)....

Rufus started this thread with 72 replies, of which 46 were from people other than Rufus!

Believe it or not though, slejhamer started his own thread, which produced 58 replies. And of which, 45 were from other people!! How close is that?

So, congratulations to Rufus for winning the prize, and also slejhamer for the valiant effort.

Next, for the winner of the random, "lucky dip" prize draw:

As mentioned previously, there were 1189 "entries" (posts) made between Dec 1 and Dec 25. Drum roll please, while the random number generator does its magic...

And the winner is... post number 824 -- which happens to belong to Polly!

If you're interested, here were the top posters:
Code:
shuttertalk      212
Don Schaeffer     116
slejhamer     83
Petographer     79
Polly     78
Toad     76
dewy     70
Irma     65
jericho     63
Rufus     59
adam     59
EnglishBob     59
Cailean     37
gd      35
guerito     26
StudioJ     20
patch17     14
'S'     7

So, congratulations again Polly and Rufus! You both win a $50 Amazon voucher! I'll email you both with details on how to claim your prize.

Also, a big thank you to all Shuttertalkers for their participation -- we'll continue to run giveaways in the new year and I'll try to think up more fun and creative ways to hand out the prizes. Hopefully we'll be getting some cool prizes from sponsors as well, so do stick around to find out the details.

Merry Christmas all, and a Happy New Year!!

Wow! Geeeeeez!! I won something!!! I'm really chuffed!!!!

So there really IS a Santa Claus Big Grin

Thank you!!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone too.

Polly
XXX

Congratulations Polly! Big Grin

Congratulations Rufus! Big Grin

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

HAHA DEWY! a

Whuhoo!! I posted more than Rufus! What were the chances folks?!? This is the best Christmas ever!

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to all of you.

J

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Yay!

Thank you folks!!! Big Grin I'm going to buy some sheet music!

(or even some GOOD music :/ )

Big Grin

Cave canem

Congrats to the winners Smile And happy holidays to you all, just got back from a Christmas in the city.

Irma Wrote:Hi Dewy... Nice to read you... How was it? Did you receive nice presents? I really hope so... Smile
As I said, and I was serious, I got absolutely nothing from my direct family, I got some photoframes (2 x 8x10 size and 2 x 6x4 size) from a 'client' who I do somputerwork for and she likes my photography and $20 from my aunt. and unc.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

Congrats Rufus and Pol. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

dewy Wrote:
Irma Wrote:Hi Dewy... Nice to read you... How was it? Did you receive nice presents? I really hope so... Smile
As I said, and I was serious, I got absolutely nothing from my direct family, I got some photoframes (2 x 8x10 size and 2 x 6x4 size) from a 'client' who I do somputerwork for and she likes my photography and $20 from my aunt. and unc.

We also don't 'believe in giving presents', but everybody loves me and gives me presents, so I can't resist but to accept Smile

Oh, sorry for getting carried away, congrats Rufus and Polly, but those vouches sohuld have been mine!!!!!!!1one1111 lol

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

Do I win a prize for replying to a post over a year since it was posted?

I really think I should!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Nikon F55, Pentax K100D, Panasonic Lumix FZ20, Olympus OM1.
Darkroom Dweller.

Of course I meant over nearly 3 YEARS!

Nikon F55, Pentax K100D, Panasonic Lumix FZ20, Olympus OM1.
Darkroom Dweller.

bahahahha Big Grin
A prize for getting me excited over a competition I thought that I missed Tongue

TheBishopOfSligo Wrote:Of course I meant over nearly 3 YEARS!
... do you lose points for missing the one from two years ago? Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com