Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

interduce myself

Hi my name is Hugh and Huh I am completely new to photography.Just bought the canon 400d.At this time
I am just using full auto and hope to learn all about manual settings.

Hi Hugh. What sort of photos are you taking? There are lots of good tutorials on the web, looking at the basics. take the plunge, turn that dial away from Auto and let us see what you get.

(Oct 9, 2013, 14:16)Dean Wrote:  Hi Hugh. What sort of photos are you taking? There are lots of good tutorials on the web, looking at the basics. take the plunge, turn that dial away from Auto and let us see what you get.

Hi Dean. Thanks for your mail.
Just feeling my way at the moment with photos of family.I would really love to
get into macro photography plus anything in the natural world.

Yes, I have only started on macro this year. No end of opportunities for a shoot. Anything and everything. You will have to turn off the auto though, and even try manual focus at times. I think photos of family are some of the hardest, except for kids, of course. Unfortunately mine had grown up and flown away before I got hooked on photography.
You say you have a Canon 400D. What about lenses?

(Oct 10, 2013, 03:45)canon400d Wrote:  
(Oct 9, 2013, 14:16)Dean Wrote:  Hi Hugh. What sort of photos are you taking? There are lots of good tutorials on the web, looking at the basics. take the plunge, turn that dial away from Auto and let us see what you get.

Hi Dean.
I have three lenses. EFS 18-55mm, + EFS 75-300mm +Hi def 0.45x super wide angle. By the way I am 65.and just retired, 3 kids all married and left but 6 grand kids to photo.

(Oct 10, 2013, 04:31)canon400d Wrote:  
(Oct 10, 2013, 03:45)canon400d Wrote:  

Hi Dean.
I have three lenses. EFS 18-55mm, + EFS 75-300mm +Hi def 0.45x super wide angle. By the way I am 65.and just retired, 3 kids all married and left but 6 grand kids to photo.
I’m just a couple of years ahead of you, Hugh. Kids married, but no grandkids. I have had a chat to them but they don’t seem to listen! Don’t live near either. The 75-300mm would be a good start out for macro, I think. Not aware of the third lens; a screw on supplementary? Look forward to seeing some of your work soon.

Hello and Welcome to shuttertalk Hugh Smile You could try to read the manual that goes with your camera. In that way you could learn more of the features of your camera. Thats a good way to start Smile> And post some of your images her in that we we could all learn. happy shooting Smile
Cheers...

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Welcome aboard! We are glad you are here with us! Thanks for joining!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Thanks for your welcome Barbara G.I see you are from USA.
My wife and I are going to New York in December and hope
to take a lot of photos.

(Oct 11, 2013, 03:07)canon400d Wrote:  Thanks for your welcome Barbara G.I see you are from USA.
My wife and I are going to New York in December and hope
to take a lot of photos.

Ahh...I see you are from Ireland. I would love to go there some day. I am part Irish and part German. My dad has the Irish blood and I have always been fond to learning more about the country land!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!