Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

hi all!! ash from scotland
Wink 

hi all, im totally new to digital slr cameras, having got one for my birthday last yr and never really used it- so ive decided to brush up on my skills so i can use it properly over xmas and new year so i can have some lovely photos to look back on Smile

my new camera is a GE x500 powerpro, its pretty basic, but exactly what i need to get started. Considering i know nothing about photography other than what big button does, im hoping to learn alot in the next few weeks so please feel free to give me an information overload, i will plod through it quite happily Tongue

Ash Big Grin x

Hi Ash. Welcome to the forum. Lots of useful stiff on You Tube to get you started. Lets see the results and you will certainly get some constructive feedback

(Dec 14, 2013, 14:59)ash_fire777 Wrote:  hi all, im totally new to digital slr cameras, having got one for my birthday last yr and never really used it- so ive decided to brush up on my skills so i can use it properly over xmas and new year so i can have some lovely photos to look back on Smile

my new camera is a GE x500 powerpro, its pretty basic, but exactly what i need to get started. Considering i know nothing about photography other than what big button does, im hoping to learn alot in the next few weeks so please feel free to give me an information overload, i will plod through it quite happily Tongue

Ash Big Grin x

Welcome aboard. I am new, but have received nothing but positive feedback here. It is a great place to learn. So send us a few pics and any questions you have. Have fun and practice, practice, practice! :-) Cheers!

Life is good. Capture it!

Hello and welcome aboard! Glad you are here and yes - feel free to start practicing and let us see how you are doing. We have some great members here who are willing to help you!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Hi Ash
good to met up with a fellow Scot, where do you hail from Im from Glasgow & laterly Hampshire in England.
With a name like Ash you must know Runrig , that good ol Scottish rock band , I was at Drumnadrokit earlier this year at their latest concert , great night out.
Hope you post some pics soon all the best jonAngel

(Dec 14, 2013, 14:59)ash_fire777 Wrote:  hi all, im totally new to digital slr cameras, having got one for my birthday last yr and never really used it- so ive decided to brush up on my skills so i can use it properly over xmas and new year so i can have some lovely photos to look back on Smile

Ash Big Grin x

(Dec 16, 2013, 11:29)john.mcintosh Wrote:  Hi Ash
good to met up with a fellow Scot, where do you hail from Im from Glasgow & laterly Hampshire in England.
With a name like Ash you must know Runrig , that good ol Scottish rock band , I was at Drumnadrokit earlier this year at their latest concert , great night out.

Ash Big Grin x

hi john thanks Tongue im from the wonderful kingdom of fife Big Grin altho my OH is from glasgow so i know glasgow well lol aye runrig is good, dont listen to them often though Tongue

Are you still working , or retired , sounds terminal , but it is only way to get out in the fresh air and get snapping.
Were off to Barra in the OH next Easter , we normally go there at this time its great snapping weather ,
Send overa few snaps and i shall share some with you .
johnAngel

(Dec 16, 2013, 13:48)ash_fire777 Wrote:  
(Dec 16, 2013, 11:29)john.mcintosh Wrote:  Hi Ash

Ash Big Grin x

hi john thanks Tongue im from the wonderful kingdom of fife Big Grin altho my OH is from glasgow so i know glasgow well lol aye runrig is good, dont listen to them often though Tongue

Ash : this time i hope.
Jon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Nov 25, 2015, 09:23
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 27, 2013, 09:56