Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I am a newbie

Hi everyone I am a newbie to Shuttertalk. I recently purchased a Fujifilm SL1000 camera, with a 50x zoom, having been interested in photography for sometime. Most of my photographs were taken on the old 35m film cameras, which I found did not produce the photo I required. Now I am into digital photography! I would like any advice available,as at the moment I am shooting using Auto settings. Thanks in advance.

(Jan 30, 2014, 04:39)mantone Wrote:  
Hi everyone I am a newbie to Shuttertalk. I recently purchased a Fujifilm SL1000 camera, with a 50x zoom, having been interested in photography for sometime. Most of my photographs were taken on the old 35m film cameras, which I found did not produce the photo I required. Now I am into digital photography! I would like any advice available,as at the moment I am shooting using Auto settings. Thanks in advance.

There are a wide range of books that are a great way to find the best way to take images. As you have some experience try Digital Photography Masterclass by Tom Ang or one of the more beginners books if you feel this is too advanced at the moment. Camera clubs can also be good.

Happy shooting

Mike

You can view a few of my images including some actions shots at

http://www.art-seekers.com

Thanks for the response Mike, much appreciated.

Welcome!
One of the best ways to learn is practice, practice, practice! And the other easy way to try and figure things out is to take a picture on auto...look at the settings and then turn to Manual, Aperture Priority, or Shutter Priority and try and get the same settings. It will quickly show you what changing f-stops and shutter speed and ISO will do. If you have questions then send out a question to the group. We are glad to help. Have a great day and get clicking!

Sharon.

Life is good. Capture it!

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here on site with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Jan 30, 2014, 07:05)Clicker2014 Wrote:  
Welcome!
One of the best ways to learn is practice, practice, practice! And the other easy way to try and figure things out is to take a picture on auto...look at the settings and then turn to Manual, Aperture Priority, or Shutter Priority and try and get the same settings. It will quickly show you what changing f-stops and shutter speed and ISO will do. If you have questions then send out a question to the group. We are glad to help. Have a great day and get clicking!

Sharon.

Hi Sharon, many thanks for your input,nice to hear from you

Hello Mantone - would you mind putting your first name at the end of your posts?

I think you might find the following web page interesting, helpful, and good fun:

http://camerasim.com/apps/camera-simulator/

Cheers.
Philip

Welcome Mantone,
You will find many willing to help. Enjoy yourself. Mike.
( Philip, thanks for posting link. Its great. Best Wishes, Mike.)

(Jan 30, 2014, 07:09)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here on site with us!

Hi Barbara, thanks for the welcome, still trying to find my way around this forum. Hope I find some interesting advice.

Ant

(Jan 30, 2014, 07:31)MrB Wrote:  Hello Mantone - would you mind putting your first name at the end of your posts?

I think you might find the following web page interesting, helpful, and good fun:

http://camerasim.com/apps/camera-simulator/

Cheers.
Philip

Hi Philip, many thanks for the reply.
I have taken a look at the link you posted, very interesting.

Many thanks

Ant

(Jan 30, 2014, 09:11)Browser Mike Wrote:  Welcome Mantone,
You will find many willing to help. Enjoy yourself. Mike.
( Philip, thanks for posting link. Its great. Best Wishes, Mike.)

Hi Mike

Thank you for the reply, I to am retired and live in Tamworth Staffs, not a million miles from you.

I hope to enjoy myself, can't wait to go on holiday.

Cheers
Ant

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Cesna
Jan 22, 2021, 01:34
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 15, 2020, 10:14
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 13, 2020, 18:54