Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Let me be the first....

Here is a shot of the Entrance to a wedding I recently shot. Tear me down and build me up folks.

[Image: 38391883.jpg]

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Your Mom dresses you funny!

Nice atmosphere. Nice softening.
A bit yellow, and too many hotspots for a 10/10 though.

Here'a my score:

Intent: 9/10
Comp: 7/10
Tech 7/10
Aesthetics 8/10
Clarity 8/10
Biscuits 0/10

Wink

Cave canem

I think you have a lot of possibilities with your picture, because it is really nice.

I would first clean it a little with a crop, leaving out the christmas trees.

I agree with Rufus in the color, to my eyes is a little too yellow, so I would play with the colors you have around, maybe darkening the outside, I have tried with Authomatic color balance and it works fine...

Hope it helps Jerry... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I like the burnished look of this. It looks slick like new brass. Maybe a little color balance is in order to reduce yellow. But it looks very rich to me.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Jerry: I like the gold color cast although I think some might say that is too much - it still gives a very sunny feeling to th occasion.

Where it needs a little work is:

- Rotate the photo 0.5 degree counterclockwise to correct the tilt
- Burn the letters "Crystal Room" in a bit to make them more readable

The thing that I think would be the most difficult to correct is the reflection on the sign out front - not sure what you can do about that, however.

JMO
T