Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CITY WIEW

I like to sit here to take in the view.

This, on my Monitor, is very acceptable, colour/cast wise. Have you processes this any different to your other postings, which were a bit bluish, to me. I would reduce the contrast a bit. Nice pic. Thanks. Ed.

To each his own!

The contrast is very high and, for me, that seems to be adding to the cool feeling of the colour balance.

For this image, which camera and lens and what settings were used, please?

Cheers.
Philip

Nice image. Perhaps the intention was for a high contrast shot. The high contrast works quite well.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

(Feb 16, 2016, 03:05)MrB Wrote:  The contrast is very high and, for me, that seems to be adding to the cool feeling of the colour balance.

Cheers.
Philip
Nikon D3300...1/640...F11...Lens 18-55 Nikkor
WesMal

(Feb 16, 2016, 05:39)WesMal Wrote:  
(Feb 16, 2016, 03:05)MrB Wrote:  The contrast is very high and, for me, that seems to be adding to the cool feeling of the colour balance.

Cheers.
Philip
Nikon D3300...1/640...F11...Lens 18-55 Nikkor, ISO 200
WesMal

Surprised at the lack of detail, given the settings used, and Camera/Lens combination. Ed.

To each his own!

Regarding my earlier comment (Post #3), the combined effect of the burnt out (pure white) clouds, the dark shadows, and the blue image tones, is to make the scene feel quite cold to me, as though it were a sunny but freezing day in the UK.

But are we actually still viewing a Bermuda scene here?* If it is so, there seems to be no-one around, so perhaps it's one of their unusual record cold days (7 or 8 Celsius)? Nevertheless, in a photo I would prefer to convey the warmth of the region, even if that meant bending reality a little.

The image recorded by a camera, the same scene viewed by human vision, and the processed image of the scene, can be quite different. But in this photo, with lower exposure values set in the camera, the clouds could look more realistic and then, from a D3300 image, it might still be possible to enhance contrast favourably in processing, by bringing some more colour and detail out of the shadows.

This critique, like many others, is based mainly on an opinion of how the final image should look - and the appearance of any image is, of course, entirely up to the photographer who creates it. Wink

Cheers. Smile
Philip

*When posting an image particularly in the Critique Forum, it is helpful to other members if, included along with the image, there are details about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 29, 2016, 02:30
Last Post by EdMak
Dec 1, 2013, 04:02
Last Post by John M
Nov 25, 2013, 11:34