Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Backyard View

Early Evening shot taken with Nikon D3300,1/320 Sec , F9 ,ISO 200 What you think? Wes

Much improved sky tones. Gone is that burnt out turquoise. Trees look unnaturally dark green, but never having visited Bermuda I cannot comment on the accuracy or otherwise. I remember having a picture on my wall, as a kid, of a schooner on an unnaturally blue sea. Until I visited the Mediterranean, and found it was not unnatural at all.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Here is the image with the white roofs colour corrected for a neutral white as against the blue tinge of the original. Nothing else was done to it. I feel that that simple correction has changed the greenery for the better. Sky has probably lost something, and if it was my image I would do some work to correct that.

Wes I still see a Blue dominance, not as bad, missing something. This was not a big edit, you are not to far away.

No success yet with Photoshop, assume you have tried reinstalling it. Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

In my view, this image is too strong in cyans and greens, and the foreground elements need brightening. This example was done mainly using the brightness, contrast, and saturation controls, with lots of small, incremental, selective adjustments. The cyan saturation was reduced in a graduated way from bottom to top, leaving the top of the sky as in the posted image. Green was reduced and yellow increased in the vegetation, the foreground was lightened, and there was a slight increase in red tones of the walls and the clouds.

Cheers.
Philip

(Feb 29, 2016, 02:30)EdMak Wrote:  Wes I still see a Blue dominance, not as bad, missing something. This was not a big edit, you are not to far away.

No success yet with Photoshop, assume you have tried reinstalling it. Cheers. Ed.
Wow that looks great!,I have no success with reinstalling photoshop, photoshop tells me I'm out of region no longer can access. So i did not edit image.

Wes. You say you did not edit image. At all? Is the camera set for Vivid Colour Saturation in its settings menu?

Good thinking John.
Wes, this tends to implicate a Plugin. Ed.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/415391?s...0&tstart=0

To each his own!

Wes. Do you have Photoshop on subscription?

(Feb 29, 2016, 04:34)Jocko Wrote:  Wes. You say you did not edit image. At all? Is the camera set for Vivid Colour Saturation in its settings menu?
Yes , the camera is set at RAW. To get an image i had to set camera's settings in menu to process RAW image.Just trying out RAW Format.

Wes. Set your file format to RAW + JPEG. See how those images compare (or differ). Set Picture Control System to Standard (I downloaded the manual). Do you shoot in Auto? If so set to Landscape (not Vivid or Pop). Menus are similar but different to my D80.
I process my raw images in Lightroom 6.4. I never go near Photoshop except for cloning or the like (sometimes to accurately square up an image). Lightroom produces wonderful images. Here is one done entirely in Lightroom, from the raw file to a finished TIFF. No other software used. Converted to JPEG and resized for Shuttertalk in ACDSee 19.

Nikon D80, Auto mode - Standard, 1/320 sec, f9, ISO 100, 27mm lens equivalent.

(Feb 29, 2016, 06:16)Jocko Wrote:  Wes. Do you have Photoshop on subscription?
Yes ,when i signed up i got a 30 day free trial...but when free trial expired i could not activate a plan with photoshop.Tells me i am not in the region.

(Feb 29, 2016, 12:22)Jocko Wrote:  Wes. Set your file format to RAW + JPEG. See how those images compare (or differ). Set Picture Control System to Standard (I downloaded the manual). Do you shoot in Auto? If so set to Landscape (not Vivid or Pop). Menus are similar but different to my D80.
I process my raw images in Lightroom 6.4. I never go near Photoshop except for cloning or the like (sometimes to accurately square up an image). Lightroom produces wonderful images. Here is one done entirely in Lightroom, from the raw file to a finished TIFF. No other software used. Converted to JPEG and resized for Shuttertalk in ACDSee 19.

Wow nice image, thanks for the tips.I was shooting in M mode,I will try A mode.Wes

Shooting in Manual is great.

(Feb 29, 2016, 12:25)WesMal Wrote:  Yes ,when i signed up i got a 30 day free trial...but when free trial expired i could not activate a plan with photoshop.Tells me i am not in the region.

Does that mean you no longer have Lightroom either? I bought a standalone disc for Lightroom. Less than £100.
For a totally free Photoshop clone, download GIMP 2.8.

(Feb 29, 2016, 12:22)Jocko Wrote:  Wes. Set your file format to RAW + JPEG. See how those images compare (or differ). Set Picture Control System to Standard (I downloaded the manual). Do you shoot in Auto? If so set to Landscape (not Vivid or Pop). Menus are similar but different to my D80.

Here is the same shot ,Nikon D3300,Auto mode - standard,1/640 sec, f13, ISO 200, 55mm lens equivalent...Wes    

(Feb 29, 2016, 12:47)Jocko Wrote:  
(Feb 29, 2016, 12:25)WesMal Wrote:  Yes ,when i signed up i got a 30 day free trial...but when free trial expired i could not activate a plan with photoshop.Tells me i am not in the region.

Does that mean you no longer have Lightroom either? I bought a standalone disc for Lightroom. Less than £100.
For a totally free Photoshop clone, download GIMP 2.8.
Yes i don't have lightroom either, I will try that download,thanks...Wes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MBS
Jul 1, 2020, 10:22
Last Post by MBS
Jun 18, 2020, 07:06