Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lavenham Church

Hi all, I took these yesterday and wondered what you would do with them, especially with regards to horizontal and vertical straightness.
1st - f3.5, 1/60 sec, ISO 1600, 18mm focal length
2nd - f5.6, 1/3- sec. ISO 2500, 18mm focal length
3rd - f/11, 1/125 sec. ISO 100, 18mm focal length
4th - f/9, 1/100 sec. ISO 100, 27mm focal length

Regards
Jane

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is my take on one of your images. Spent about half an hour on it, mainly in Photoshop trying to square things up, then using my usual workflow in Lightroom and Nik Software.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

[Image: M5qIrG5.jpg]

had a little tweakSmile
verticles need sorting thoughBlush

SmileJohn

[Image: tEEpTPt.jpg]

SmileJohn

Nice picsSmile

SmileJohn

[Image: F9wNrb7.jpg]

verticles again Smile

SmileJohn

Jane, file sizes are small, not a lot of room for maneuver. What software are you using, no Exif data shows. Regards Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Nice series, love old churches. There are a number of programs out there that will allow the perspective distortion to be corrected, though you do have to be careful as sometimes when corrected they can still look unnatural.

Had another look Jane, there was very little adjustment to these two really, and, all done by Photoshop. Prefer the first one. Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

[Image: xFNxFdI.jpg]

SmileJohn

[Image: OdmjEv9.jpg]

SmileJohn

(Mar 21, 2016, 07:36)Jocko Wrote:  Here is my take on one of your images. Spent about half an hour on it, mainly in Photoshop trying to square things up, then using my usual workflow in Lightroom and Nik Software.

Hi John, really like what you have done. I have Corel Paintshop Pro and tried doing some perspective, but lost the bottom of the photo. Not got to grips with all it can do yet, just the basics.
Regards Jane

(Mar 21, 2016, 08:40)caveman Wrote:  [Image: F9wNrb7.jpg]

verticles again Smile

Love this one Smile
Jane

(Mar 21, 2016, 08:20)caveman Wrote:  Nice picsSmile

Thank you, need to practice indoor photography as I tend to do mostly landscape.
Jane

(Mar 21, 2016, 11:54)EnglishBob Wrote:  Nice series, love old churches. There are a number of programs out there that will allow the perspective distortion to be corrected, though you do have to be careful as sometimes when corrected they can still look unnatural.

Trying to get to grips with Corel Paintshop Pro, but cannot get it right without losing the foreground. Practiice, practice, practice Smile
Jane

(Mar 21, 2016, 11:14)EdMak Wrote:  Jane, file sizes are small, not a lot of room for maneuver. What software are you using, no Exif data shows. Regards Ed.

Hi Ed, I use the Digital photo professional that came with my canon eos 600d. Also have Corel Paintshop Pro, but am very much a beginner in the editing department.
Don't know why you can't see the exif data.
Jane

Jane, here are some Links to Video Tutorials on PSP. Posting bigger files gives you better visual quality on the Forum. Ed.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=...+tutorials

To each his own!

(Mar 21, 2016, 16:09)EdMak Wrote:  Jane, here are some Links to Video Tutorials on PSP. Posting bigger files gives you better visual quality on the Forum. Ed.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=...+tutorials

Thanks Ed. What file size do you use for posting on here?
Jane

Jane, the following adjustments were all made in PaintShop Pro X8, using the tools for barrel distortion and perspective correction, plus simple gentle changes to colour, saturation, brightness, contrast and sharpness. The geometry now looks better to me, and the other tweaks are just to my taste.

Cheers.
Philip

Well tweaked sir!Smile

SmileJohn

Jane., I make the largest side, 2000 Pixels, other side adjusts automatically. Then the saved image, just under 1Mb. If you are outside the parameters, too large, then the Pic will not upload. Ed.

To each his own!

(Mar 21, 2016, 17:55)MrB Wrote:  Jane, the following adjustments were all made in PaintShop Pro X8, using the tools for barrel distortion and perspective correction, plus simple gentle changes to colour, saturation, brightness, contrast and sharpness. The geometry now looks better to me, and the other tweaks are just to my taste.

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks Philip. I will practice with the distortion and perspective correction. I like what you have done to the outside photo of the church and see if I can get the same result - many thanks.
Jane

Hello Jane. Can I assume that you are referring to the third photo? If so, as John (Jocko) hinted in Post #2, that is probably the most difficult one to sort out, as it is quite seriously distorted - I find that the Undo button gets a lot of use when doing these sorts of adjustments! Smile

May I suggest that you start by increasing the canvas size (PSP Image menu... Canvas Size...) by about 30%. This will enable you to see what is happening when you use the Distortion and Perspective tools. When the image perspective geometry is to your liking, you can then crop out the best rectangular image of your choice (PSP left side toolbar... Crop Tool... Free form... ). Finally, it might then need a bit of resizing, if the subject looks either too thin or too squat (PSP Image menu... Resize...).

Cheers.
Philip

(Mar 22, 2016, 07:04)MrB Wrote:  Hello Jane. Can I assume that you are referring to the third photo? If so, as John (Jocko) hinted in Post #2, that is probably the most difficult one to sort out, as it is quite seriously distorted - I find that the Undo button gets a lot of use when doing these sorts of adjustments! Smile

May I suggest that you start by increasing the canvas size (PSP Image menu... Canvas Size...) by about 30%. This will enable you to see what is happening when you use the Distortion and Perspective tools. When the image perspective geometry is to your liking, you can then crop out the best rectangular image of your choice (PSP left side toolbar... Crop Tool... Free form... ). Finally, it might then need a bit of resizing, if the subject looks either too thin or too squat (PSP Image menu... Resize...).

Cheers.
Philip

Many thanks again Philip, looks like I will be busy later today Smile
Jane

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesMal
Oct 13, 2018, 22:33
Last Post by MrB
May 4, 2016, 18:35
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 7, 2015, 01:47