Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aircraft Photogaphy

Looks a great photo, there. I have almost reached my data allowance for this month so I can neither upload or download until the 7th!

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Sure that in the old site version, Eddy's file size would not have uploaded. Ed.

To each his own!

Phillip you've gone to far there's a halo around the Spit , I think the problem is because your working on a JPEG, as to what mark it is well it has a four blade prop, a bubble canopy and a clipped tail fin so it's a late mark but what exactly I'm not to sure. Sorry

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Doug, you are right about the halo but that's my fault Sad it's not because it's a JPEG. I definitely think the image needs brightening up, so I'm merely trying to illustrate that particular point.

Cheers.
Philip

Mk. XVIe Ed.

To each his own!

Ain't the Internet a great thing.

TD248 is one of a batch of aircraft that formed the Air Ministry’s seventeenth order for Spitfires placed with Vickers Armstrong (Castle Bromwich) Ltd on 19 April 1944. It was released to service on 11 May 1945 and delivered to No 6 MU at Brize Norton on 16 May where it was prepared for service with 695 Squadron based at Bircham Newton in Norfolk with the codes 8Q-T. The Squadron relocated to Horsham St Faith (Norwich) in August 1945. The aircraft was withdrawn from service on 31 December 1947 when an inspection was carried out by 54MU based at Cambridge following unrecorded and substantial damage, it was eventually returned to service on 13 May 1948 with the codes 4M-E.

In August 1951 TD248 was transferred to No 2 Civilian Anti Aircraft Co-operation Unit at Little Snoring, Norfolk. No 2 CAACU was operated by Marshalls of Cambridge and included calibration flights and target towing. In March 1953 the unit moved to Langham, Norfolk and in May 1954 TD248 was withdrawn from service and stored at 9MU RAF Cosford pending disposal. In October 1955 it was issued to No 610 Sqn RauxAF for static display at Hooton Park, Cheshire with the codes DW-A. It was subsequently allocated to the Air Training Corps at RAF Sealand where it remained until acquired by Historic Flying in 1988. The propeller was totally rebuilt with new blades and bearings and the Packard Merlin 266 engine zero timed. All the original systems parts are retained after being overhauled. The aircraft is fitted with wing tanks, a modern radio and a GPS.

TD248 flew again in November 1992 in the striking silver and red livery of 41 Squadron Spitfire F21 that participated in the Blackpool Air races of 1948/49.

The aircraft was sold in 2005 and the new owners had it re-sprayed in it's new colour scheme of 74 Squadron 2nd Tactical Air Force May 1945. It is operated by Spitfires Ltd. and maintained by the Aircraft Restoration Company.

Hi Phillip
Yes I know my friend I'm just joking ! I must admit that I would love to have a go at the raw file and process it with Lightroom just to see how that would look.
Regards Doug

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

John, Philip this one is from the RAW file not quite so subdued, John I enjoyed reading your research on the plane well done, I have reduced the size for this upload, the previous files, were uploaded as per my lightroom setting, before the web site modification, this site still seems to be causing problems, and the effect is less images uploaded or that's the way I see it, not good.

Pete

RAW to the core.

Now that's very good, Pete - I like it! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Excellent. Yes. I am not all that keen to post images these days. You never know how they are going to display.

(Aug 7, 2016, 04:39)MrB Wrote:  Now that's very good, Pete - I like it! Smile

Cheers.
Philip
Thank you Philip, I think I must have got hung up on the definition in the sky, not a big fan of boring skies.

Pete

RAW to the core.

(Aug 7, 2016, 05:12)Jocko Wrote:  Excellent. Yes. I am not all that keen to post images these days. You never know how they are going to display.
Thank you John, if it's any help this one was up loaded with a maximum of 1000 pixels on the long side, previously I would up load at 1600 pixels on the long side.

Pete

RAW to the core.

That's a great photo now.

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Great, try a sky, local of course! Ed.

To each his own!

How about the Hubble deep field that'll look funny, I did it on our village gallery page nobody noticed . Ha! Ha!

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Well above operational height, probably used up most of his fuel getting there, canopy open letting the cold in, surprised he has full flaps on at this height, and, undercart down far to early. Bad show. Ed.

To each his own!

Apologies, clicked on wrong image. Tried Edit, neither remove jpg, or update jpg, worked. this is the intended image, hopefully!

On "old" site, the Pixel size would have not allowed the upload to succeed. Ed.

Hubble sky.
Well above operational height, probably used up most of his fuel getting there, canopy open letting the cold in, surprised he has full flaps on at this height, and, undercart down far to early. Bad show. Ed.

To each his own!

Oh dear. Sad

Philip

I suppose it's a flight of fantasy, is anybody going to watch the meteor shower on Thursday night if the sky is clear !

Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

On a more down to earth mode! when I was doing the above, back using desktop computer, big monitor as opposed to laptop I saw more potential in Eddy'a pic.
This was done P/S using Shadow/Highlights, clicking on, More Functions, (More control of sliders), and brought out the clouds that are there.
Also blurred props a bit more, (Then got into the cockpit, adjusted Prop Pitch Control to to make the nose cone more prominent). Touch of sharpening.

Considering this was from a 184Kb File size, I am impressed. Ed.

To each his own!

In my view, Pete's image in Post #58 is very good. It illustrates that what matters here is the plane, and the slightly blurred background complements it well. It doesn't need a detailed sky - in fact, the conditions were actually a stroke of luck for this type of shot, as a fussy sky would be a distraction from the subject. Just an opinion, of course. Smile

Cheers.
Philip