Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New gear test shots- Nikon D500

[Image: 31288030224_7718df1157_c_d.jpg][Image: 31288029364_ca1fdf37fc_c_d.jpg][Image: 31288028484_bdd8e351de_c_d.jpg][Image: 31189615414_4c970c0517_c_d.jpg][Image: 31991215641_5d73c78dcd_c_d.jpg]

I'd say it works! Very nice Smile

Lovely shots. What was the ISO?

I must stop hankering after new gear. Every time I have a handle on such desires something like this comes along. Sigh!

Great shots there, John.

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

As these are "new gear test shots", in my opinion it would have been better not to post them in the "Showcase" forum, where critique is frowned upon. Nevertheless, I'll take the risk anyway:

As photo captures of the birds, they are, as usual for you John, wonderful shots.

However, as test shot images they all show quite clear evidence of over-sharpening, with their bright halos around the high-contrast edges. Of course, we do not know whether that has been caused by the D500's camera-processing, or is a feature of post-processing, or is due to the odd things that are still happening in the display of these forum pages.

Cheers.
Philip

Post an original. ? Ed. With Philip on this.

To each his own!

(Jan 6, 2017, 00:02)delb0y Wrote:  Lovely shots. What was the ISO?

I must stop hankering after new gear. Every time I have a handle on such desires something like this comes along. Sigh!
ISO was 360.... still learning !

(Jan 6, 2017, 05:35)MrB Wrote:  As these are "new gear test shots", in my opinion it would have been better not to post them in the "Showcase" forum, where critique is frowned upon. Nevertheless, I'll take the risk anyway:

As photo captures of the birds, they are, as usual for you John, wonderful shots.

However, as test shot images they all show quite clear evidence of over-sharpening, with their bright halos around the high-contrast edges. Of course, we do not know whether that has been caused by the D500's camera-processing, or is a feature of post-processing, or is due to the odd things that are still happening in the display of these forum pages.

Cheers.
Philip
Shots looked much better on Flickr ... but there you are lol !

(Jan 7, 2017, 22:24)Vanisle John Wrote:  Shots looked much better on Flickr ... but there you are lol !

Sad

In the context of the title for this thread, perhaps it would be of more help and interest to members if you were to post here the link to the photos on Flickr.

Cheers.
Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 27, 2017, 04:16