Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New gear=no money

I just bought a new Sony A7 after hours and hours of research, this camera fits my needs. The A7 came with a 'kit lens', a 28-70 f3.5-5.6.not a bad little lens. Now, I am an 'old glass user', I love the stuff... I have bought a Minolta MD 50mm f1.7, and a 28-85 f3.5-4.5. Weather has not been to agreeable in the part of Ontario that I live, it has been to greyish, as a result I have not been out much. I have tried the 2  MD lenses on the cats, fridge, a blanket, beer labels, ( the contents being a vice for me) and my wife. Only one of which has complained, I'm hearing the phrase 'get outside to play'....  just like my mom did! I am amazed how good the lenses are! I have 3 more coming in the mail, 50mm f1.7 (MD lll version), 28mm f2.8, and 135mm f2.8. Now all the MD's are manual focus... and the A7 makes it easy with focus peaking, and focus magnifier. Any thoughts?

I love it when a plan comes together!

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

GrahamS, Well the lenses arrived today... and they are pristine! this fellow took care of his equipment. Boy are they ever heavy for small barrels. The 135 is very heavy, if I remember correctly it is 513g ( I'll be checking that)... now OK people and cats stay still for a moment.......

It's always a nerve-wracking time waiting for used gear to arrive... is it as described. Glad your was pristine Smile

(Feb 8, 2017, 17:52)EnglishBob Wrote:  It's always a nerve-wracking time waiting for used gear to arrive... is it as described.  Glad your was pristine Smile

Well I had to play..nobody would stay still. Sony A7 , Minolta MC W Rokkor 28mm f2.8. The second is our living room shot at F8, 1/30, iso 800, The first, shot at F8, 1/30, 800iso, no flash, cropped and sized only. This is my brewer and my other vice. With manual lens the A7 and focus peaking make it easy, focus magnification makes it sharper. I am sure with practice I will go full on with manual...it makes me work for the shot. Welcome to my house..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post