Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Using a forum?

Hello all,
I'm completely new to this forum thing! I've never used one and unless things get seriously easier I don't think I ever will.
Is there a site that I can learn the basics of using a 'forum'? Huh

(Jul 15, 2017, 09:44)Grandpappy Wrote:  Hello all,
I'm completely new to this forum thing! I've never used one and unless things get seriously easier I don't think I ever will.

You've made a good start, GP! It's simple really... you type something and debate ensues. Welcome to the forum :-)

Derek

(Jul 16, 2017, 10:11)delb0y Wrote:  
(Jul 15, 2017, 09:44)Grandpappy Wrote:  Hello all,

You've made a good start, GP! It's simple really... you type something and debate ensues. Welcome to the forum :-)

Derek

Thank you for replying Derek/Delboy? I'm finding this forum communication business rether confusing & frustrating! Which boxes do what & what limits are applied to various activities.
I like your optomism - (is there a spell checker built into this programme?)
Will all of my discussion be done via email & how do I configure my security,I mean is the site safe?
I'm sorry to be such drag but computer literacy passed me by after my Oric!
Thanks

To be honest, GP, I don't know what most boxes do. I've yet to figure out 90% of the things this forum can do. I generally hit the reply key and either leave the quoted element in (you've already discovered this, I see) or delete it as I see fit. That's about it.

It's a bit like my cameras. I tend to put them on Manual, learn where the ISO, Shutter Speed, and Aperture are, and never venture any further. Some folks learn every button and trick. Me, I just hit reply...

You will find the Add Attachment button useful - you can then upload photos. Best bet is just to explore and play!

Cheers
Derek

Hello Grandpappy,

Generally speaking, you will not use all the options available in the forums - buttons and so forth. They are simply there for those users who desire more functionality.

As far as reading the forum threads, are you viewing the site by visiting https://www.shuttertalk.com/forums ? Then, you will view the threads (posts) through visiting the site directly through an internet browser. The site is secured as seen in the https in the beginning of the web address.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks for joining us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jun 23, 2017, 07:52
Last Post by smarti77
Feb 29, 2008, 05:01