Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Autumn Ambulation.

Visited Biddulph Grange Gardens today. Dull, windy, but at least it did not rain.
Raw, AP, 1/100 @ f/4 ISO 100, 4.5mm  DMC FZ200.  ( First two shots ).
 ||      ||     1/80  ||    ||    ||     ||       ||            ||       ||        ( Last shot  ).
[attachment=7163]
[attachment=7164]
[attachment=7165]
Processed in  Aftershot Pro 3.  ( First time effort. )
Cheers,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

I think the first one is my pick of the three, love how the path leads me into the image to explore more. On the second one, the two elements each side I find very distracting for some reason, not sure why.

I'd agree about those elements on #2 - what are they?

I like all three but I'd like to see a bit of cropping to reduce all the greenery and focus on the buildings / bridge. I think the middle one offers a good crop focusing on the bridge and the reflection. I think a close crop on #1 might reveal the building isn't quite level, but as Craig says, that path leading in is great, especially the gentle s shaped curve.

Good set!

Thanks guys for the comments.
As for the architectural protuberances in #2, my error. They are part of a frame and I intended to crop them out. Posted pics prior to crop. Put it down to mental aberration!.
As far as the greenery goes I am a great fan of the onset of autumn ( fall ) colours. So they are there by design. I can understand that it may not be to everyone's taste.
Cheers,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jackson Roy
Jun 10, 2020, 11:01
Last Post by MrB
Dec 2, 2013, 17:40