Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bird

Tell me what you think of this one. If you know what type of bird it is please tell me. I took it at a park in orlando.

Teddy

[Image: bird.jpg]

Nikon d70
Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g ED
Nikkor 70-210 1:4-5.6 d

Wow, great photo, Teddy! The bird loooks quite magnificent and the blurring/DOF is very well done

Very rich in colour and great dof. Some unfortunate shadowing on the bird gives it a blue look. The centering of the subject is tolerable but a tight crop may be in order.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

hi

goooshhhh....what have u done?

may I ask why did u cut his legs? if u wanted just his body u should have gone a bit closer and just get his head and a bit of body. also u have a bit too much enviroment to the sides.

[Image: 49_bird1.jpg]

[Image: bird2.jpg]

[Image: 51_bird3.jpg]

regards

Christian

Well it's either a Great Egret or a White Heron. They have slightly different plumage, but I could not tell you the difference.

As to critiquing the image, I think it would have been better to shoot it vertically and not crop the bird's legs off. I like the rich color saturation, but the contrast is a bit harsh due to the filtered sunlight.

I shot one in Orlando, too! Yours looks younger, perhaps a juvenile because of the fluffiness to some of its feathers.

[Image: 29539822.jpg]

hi

oooohhhh yeeah what a biiird....very niiice

As I matter of interest...isaw once a grey galaiast heron flying and landing it was just a magnificient view.

great stufff

thanks for sharing

Christian

byrt_001 Wrote:As I matter of interest...isaw once a grey galaiast heron flying and landing it was just a magnificient view.

I know what you mean! There are a couple of Great Blue Herons that visit the local parks, but I have not been able to get any decent shots of them in flight.

Hopefully Teddy can post a few more soon - Florida is great for birding. Cool

slejhamer Wrote:
byrt_001 Wrote:As I matter of interest...isaw once a grey galaiast heron flying and landing it was just a magnificient view.

I know what you mean! There are a couple of Great Blue Herons that visit the local parks, but I have not been able to get any decent shots of them in flight.

Hopefully Teddy can post a few more soon - Florida is great for birding. Cool

I guess I'm going to have to get one for you guys. They frequent the area where I live and also on the river at work. Stay tuned!

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks for your input. You think the shadowing was to harsh. I see what you say about the leg thing so how is this pic. I don’t like the color as well though.

Teddy

[Image: Bird%203.jpg]

Nikon d70

Sorry I meant to say I don’t like the color of the new pic.

Teddy

Nikon d70

slejhamer I love the pic. Is that one from Orlando. If so where. I shot mine at Jay blanchard Park.

Nikon d70

Hi Teddy. Yes, that was taken at WDW. The boulders on which the bird apppears to be standing are actually the peaks of a food cart's awning. Big Grin

Is the new pic the original of the first pic? You could saturate the new one to match the velvia-like colors of the first. I agree with you that it is a bit dull in comparison, though probably pretty accruate. And I do like the full-body portrait better than the crop. Smile

It is a different pic. Same place and time. I am trying to remember exactly what I did with the first to get the goog color that I did.

Disney has a lot of wild life land around it, so any place on disney property you have a chance of seeing something.

Teddy

Nikon d70

I think I got the color better this time.

Teddy
[Image: BIRD%205.JPG]

Nikon d70

Hey Teddy,

I think the last one is a bit too blue.. in terms of colour I still like your original photo the best. Big Grin

I stlll like it best too. The color is great and I like the DOF.

Teddy

Nikon d70

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jul 18, 2016, 01:35
Last Post by EdMak
Oct 27, 2015, 03:02
Last Post by TonyB55
Oct 26, 2015, 12:06