Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Prayer Request

Sorry to hear that Teddy and Craig, they'll be in my prayers....

I don't get it

Imagine....

Make sure you read the previous posts too...

Thanks for your prayers. Pastor Johnny was released form the hospital at 12:00 am Thursday morning. The doctors ran every test that they could and could find no trace of the viruses that were infecting him. God is truly amazing. It is truly a miracle for this to simply go away. To only be in the hospitle for three days after being diagnosed with encephalitis and meningitis and being in ICU, and for it to be totally Gone is a true testament to how awesome or God is.

Teddy

Nikon d70
Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g ED
Nikkor 70-210 1:4-5.6 d

Awesome!! Big Grin

Can you all please say a little prayer for my mother, I spoke to Dad this afternoon and Mum has been diagnosed with breast cancer. They will know more next week.

Thanks all.

Pete

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Yes Pete, she will be in my thoughts and prayers.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma.

Albert Einstein

That's sad to hear, Pete... hope your family is coping with the news...

Thanks mate. Dad is of course a bit worried but Mum is really great, normally the older the onset the slower growing it is and the better chance of getting through it, Mum is 74 so that is in her favour. I just wish I could be there now to give her a big hug. My Grandmother on Dads side had the same thing when she was 88 and then lived til she was 102 years old.

Albert Einstein

Posted new Master list. Sorry it has been a while. ST you did get that new house right. Sorry it has been a while. Been kind of busy.

Peted I will pray for your mom.

on a bright note my nephew has gained 13 lb in the last month. That is big. the doctors put him on some kind of stairoid for a time to help is inared heal up. My brother sent some pics of him. He has gone from being too skinny to having some waight on him. God BE GOOD!

Teddy

Nikon d70
Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g ED
Nikkor 70-210 1:4-5.6 d

Thanks teddy. Yes, we got the house! Big Grin

Gosh, moving can be a pain though! All the cleaning and unpacking! Big Grin

We have some issues..............

NN's step father may have cancer again. He's in hospital. His name is George.

My friend Phil's father has had two heart attacks, his kidneys are failing, he's on the way out. His name is Ignatious. (I dont know if that's how you spell it).

My friend "Zig" is troubled badly in his church. He's fighting bad teachings and practise, and he's recieving HATE mail. (Can you believe it!!!!!).

Cave canem

I am so sorry to hear about all this....

NN, I hope everything is fine with George.... Let's hope it is not cancer.

My prayers for your friend Zig and Phil's father, (If his name is Spanish, it is Ignacio).

Paul Cezanne

He's gone.

Ignatious Parker, 8pm (UK) 24 June 05.

Cave canem

Teddyfingers,
really no offense here, but is the underlying conception of prayer that it works by quantity (the more=the more effective?)

If so, I don't tend to agree.
and if not so, I would a) kind of subscribe to a point Rufus made a while ago about prayers being a somewhat privat issue,

and b) ask myself: what is the purpose of this forum?
Are the things people list in here something we would usually go out and talk about to random people on the street? people whose faces we can't see? who we have never talked to before?
Or are they better treated in a more privat environment, where we know our friends know the people concerned and appreciate the full importance of what we are asking for prayer for?

I am thinking how to reconcile the want to pray for your loved ones or near friends with the respect for privacy, and one way I can think of is to request for prayer in a more general way.
So e. g. I think everyone would be happy to join into a prayer for, or. for that matter, an agnostic / atheist general thought to, say all cancer patents.
Probably most people are going to know someone in their closer or broader circle of friends, and that way, many people will pray for many different people.
coming back to what I said about prayer and quantity, I think this would be a wonderful way.

Of course you could just tell me to stay out of this forum if it bugs me (which is doesn't), but I kind of think of Shuttertalk as equivalent to a train station or an airport, where countless strangers just pop in as pass by every moment. Would you be wanting to reveal your personal prayer-needing issues at an airport?

Like I said, please don't feel offended, this post reflects my personal feelings about this forum.

Uli

wulinka Wrote:I kind of think of Shuttertalk as equivalent to a train station or an airport, where countless strangers just pop in as pass by every moment.
I see Shuttertalk more as an equivalent of a living room (lots of pictures on the wall too), where friends pop in and have a talk. I'm not a Christian, but if one day I feel I need prayers, this would be the place I'd ask for them.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

What a great idea.

Canon stuff.

I like that analogy.....

Hi Guys,

Long time since i logged in. I logged in because i was searching for a post i made on intercessory prayer a long time ago which i wanted to share with a friend. After finding my post, i reviewed the post in my favorite "Christians Unite" forum just to post something and say hi. I found this thread containing the latest post.

When we flash prayer petitions during the prayer of the faithful part of the mass, i never bothered to read the names of the people asking for intercessory prayer. However, when my father got operated (quadruple bypass, valve repair, carotid
artery repair, weak kidney) last december, praying for specific persons (known or unknown) had more meaning to me.

I find it helpful to sympathize/empathize with a cancer patients if i know a specific person who suffers the same. In my moments of silence, i start praying for specific persons and then for other people in the same situation as well - from a specific case to the general.

I pray that more people will post in the "Christians Unite" forum, not only about prayer petitions but also about how blessed they are by God.

God bless you all !!

sam

BTW, my dad had a successful operation. He is now recuperating. He was again confined last saturday because of a suspected internal bleeding. This afternoon, endoscopy results showed that there WAS NO internal bleeding and the low hemoglobin count might be a side effect of his medication. How wonderful and powerful our GOD really is !!!

We face trials believing that "in everything God works for good with those who love Him" (Rom 8:28). "We are afflicted in every way but never crushed." (Cor 4:8)

A very interesting thread indeed. If a lot of people say just one prayer for everyone mentioned in the thread, then it cannot do anyone any harm at the worst and possibly a heck of a lot of good/goodwill at the best.

I have a lady e-mail friend (only met her twice). She has had cerebral palsy from birth, can't do much with her hands or feet, and needs a carer full time for the personal jobs we take for granted.
I am sure she would appreciate a prayer.
Thank you all.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Wow, awesome testimony, samuel... and it's true - it really starts to hit home with it's someone you know...

NT73 - will do... Big Grin

Will pray for her NT73.

Canon stuff.

She will be in my prayers NT73....

Paul Cezanne

Thanks shuttertalk, thanks Irma thanks, Wedding Shooter.

She uses a stick in her mouth to operate the computer. Must make it difficult to pop in a choccy. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Rufus
Feb 11, 2005, 10:10