Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ocean Life

Hi all

Id love some feedback on the following photos that I took while in Queensland, at the moment I am just a budding Ametuer with pretty much a point n pray digital camera, the LCD screens dont give you much guarantee that what your seeing is your photo;

[Image: thumb_FriendorFoe.JPG]

[Image: thumb_HappyTrails.JPG]

[Image: thumb_ReflectiveNature.JPG]

[Image: thumb_CoralSands.JPG]

Any constructive feedback would be highly appreciated and any ways I can improve Id love to hear, I am being told the use of 3rds however Im having trouble implementing that in some of my photos.

Kerridwyn
Melbourne, Australia

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

Kerridwyn's Photography Gallery

Welcome to the forums, very nice, good color and framing. Well lit... Good pictures Smile

EnglishBob Wrote:Welcome to the forums, very nice, good color and framing. Well lit... Good pictures Smile

Thank you

Most of those photos were taken on various beach walks, 2wks and 667 photos leaves alot for future editing Smile

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

Hey Kerridwyn.... thanks for sharing the photos!

Welcome to Shuttertalk! I'm from Melbourne too! Big Grin

By the way, you should post bigger sized versions for easier viewing. Big Grin

#1 - Interesting shot! Watch the focus - it's slightly soft.

#2 - Hm... mildly interesting, but not strong enough a subject for me

#3 - I like this shot the best. I love the reflection of the bird. I think tighter cropping would help - maybe portrait orientation and of the left side of the frame. The sandy reflection on the right doesn't do anything for me, and personally I'd crop it out.

#4 - Again, interesting, but not strong enough a subject.

Hope you don't mind my comments - have fun at ST! Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:Hey Kerridwyn.... thanks for sharing the photos!

Welcome to Shuttertalk! I'm from Melbourne too! Big Grin

By the way, you should post bigger sized versions for easier viewing. Big Grin

If you click on the photos you will notice it opens a new window in the full size Smile, saves on bandwidth and faster loading for those on lower end Internet Connections

Yes - the large versions really add value - particularly #2.

Well done.

Hi

welcome, bienvenido

Hey dudeyou have some niiice shots of sunsets!!
aslo looove n2 nice composition.

Great stuff

Christian

Great images Brett. Keep'em coming! Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 24, 2015, 06:52
Last Post by Rolf
Jan 30, 2015, 18:34