Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Silent Messengers

Flowers in Hotel Garden - Coolongatta, Queensland
Camera: Minolta Dimage E223

[Image: SilentMessengers.JPG]

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

Kerridwyn's Photography Gallery

Sorry, but these appear to be oversharpened to the point where they look three dimensional. Not life-like enough for my taste.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

jericho Wrote:Sorry, but these appear to be oversharpened to the point where they look three dimensional. Not life-like enough for my taste.

There was actually no sharpening or editing the photo other then the border itself, the crisp sharpness came through when the photo was taken.

Any suggestiopn on how to soften it?

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

The dof is is a bit deep. A shollow dof with the background blurred would have been nice. Still, it is a nice image. Well done Brett. Smile Also, how about a vignette in soft focus?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Brett: I sent you a PM to asking permission to post a try I did with your flowers to blurred the background but apparently didn't work. I hope you don't mind.

This is what I did:
promote your background to rasta layer.
duplicate two times.
the one in the middle is blurred apperture 9
with the layer on top you make a lose selection inside the flower with feather 30.
selections invert>delite.
layer visibility background 100%, second layer: 46%(but also you can play with this value), layer on top 100%

You also could leave the process of blurring at the end so you can see better the effect and chose it to your liking.

Sorry I had to crop the frame to work with the picture Smile

[Image: SilentMessengersblurred.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Brett: I sent you a PM to asking permission to post a try I did with your flowers to blurred the background but apparently didn't work. I hope you don't mind.

This is what I did:
promote your background to rasta layer.
duplicate two times.
the one in the middle is blurred apperture 9
with the layer on top you make a lose selection inside the flower with feather 30.
selections invert>delite.
layer visibility background 100%, second layer: 46%(but also you can play with this value), layer on top 100%

OK 100% of that went right over my head ...mind speakin da english?

OO,OO!

Can I do one?

[Image: SilentMessengers-copy.jpg]

Cave canem

Sorry Brett I forgot to ask what program you are working with. Unfortunately I am not working with Photoshop, but Paintshop, probably the terminology is a bit different, I really don't know... Other thing is that I am not good at writing the process... Sorry, I hope some can help....

Rufus; your try is really nice but you didn't say how you did it. (??)

Irma.

Paul Cezanne

I'm tempted to add christmas lights..

Irma Wrote:Sorry Brett I forgot to ask what program you are working with. Unfortunately I am not working with Photoshop, but Paintshop, probably the terminology is a bit different, I really don't know... Other thing is that I am not good at writing the process... Sorry, I hope some can help....

Rufus; your try is really nice but you didn't say how you did it. (??)

Irma.

I mainly work with Adobe Photoshop 8

adam Wrote:I'm tempted to add christmas lights..

Christmas Lights??? I dont know if that would suit but by all means you can try Smile

Hi

Rufus...uuhmmm

Hello Byrty. Big Grin

Is that avatar your ear? :/

Cave canem

Hi Rufie

hehehehehehe. yeah.... well spoted!

Quote: Christmas Lights???

These are adam christmas lights see here

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toad
Nov 9, 2005, 08:53