Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Make me moody!

Many moons ago I did a shoot with an older goth lady and posted it on ADI for alteration and Slej came up with the following;

[Image: 171288-large.jpg]

Recently I had another shoot with a different girl but the lighting wasn't very exciting, I'd like to do a series of edits to the whole batch of photos so I'm looking for gothy ideas for these shots, one has been attached below;

[Image: CRW_8812.jpg]

hi well it depends what the lady wants but looking at her and her look, i thought of this:

[Image: girl.jpg]

dublicateed layer crop and resize and tilted
selec face
applyed fresco filter.

Regards

Christian

Grungy Mona Lisa look Christian?

I thought your original was "loud" and the one way to soften it up was just a simple blur filter. I will work on it more and see what other versions I can come up with.

[Image: 55_CRW_8812.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

hi

I thought about that peto and all the little extras on her face. but then... thats what is her. i also thought on the background been too black and her too pale.
i also think her of been revelious and with the diferent colours.................. maybe this will be ok? there is not much room to work on it.....is just her.

[Image: 21_girl2.jpg]

regards

Christian

For something more dramatic.

[Image: CRW_8812b.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

hi

been playing a lot with the car and them a though..uuuhmmmm

[Image: girl1.JPG]

cya

uuuuhmmmm

[Image: 28_girl2.jpg]

Regards

Geez you two must be on some good drugs! I love the psychadelic one Christian.

[Image: 81_CRW_8812.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

hi Irma

uuhmmm sometimes the simples way is the bettest!

niiice

take care

christian

Thanks Chris, I think the girl herself has already a lot of information to add more. Lighting a bit her hair and the skirt and tights is ok, since the rest is visible enough Smile

Paul Cezanne

To me "goth" is darkness, vampires, bad music ...

So I went with more "traditional" looks with deep tones, where many of the black details get lost but the highlights jump out a bit more. Like a vampire in an alleyway...

Midnight Goth:
[Image: midnightgoth.jpg]

Bronzed and Diffuzed:
[Image: bronzegoth.jpg]

Black Mournings:
[Image: blackmorninggoth.jpg]

Queen of the Night:
[Image: queenofnightgoth.jpg]

Big Grin

I never seem to have much luck with lighting effects but that gives it some depth Irma and the blue makes it look colder.

I love the second one Mitch, it gives it some drama but leaves a bit of detail left behind.

Here's my go at it. Just added two correction layers: Levels (Input 0/0.29/229) and Threshold(102). Threshold layer at visibilty 30%.

[Image: studioj-gothic.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

My first idea was to lighten the background evenly and add a wide grid shadow without touching her... The picture is beautiful and the girl as well, I think a lot of things could be made with the picture. It was very nice to play with your picture. Smile

Paul Cezanne

Interesting thread...............I have much to learn about ps

Well done all

From my personal preference, Mitch's Bronze and Diffused is the most tasteful for me...

Excellent thread by the way, J... I wonder what the model would say if she saw this? Big Grin Big Grin

Nice work everybody - my 2 favorites are Mitch's first attempt and Guerito's treatment.

Seems amazing to me that this thread has escaped my attention until now. Have to jump in and give it a bash myself.

Sometimes, just a subtle change can make a differance...how about a little attitude adjustment?
[Image: CRW_8812alt.jpg]

Hah! Thats rather cool Rik, she looks pretty agro, suits the look but its a shame she wasn't overly excited about shooting even though it was her idea, she didn't want what I wanted, oh well!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Schellamo
Oct 29, 2006, 19:42