Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just testing

Hi all,

Went for a walk after work today and snapped a couple of pics while I was out. Being only new to trying to improve my photopraphy (lol) I thought I would share some of them for your thoughts.

This one I tried to use the glare off the lake to set the mood. The tree close to boarder the shot and give the distance some perspective.

[Image: arvo%20relax.jpg]

This one I was just trying a macro shot...........I am sure the girls will love it!

[Image: spider.jpg]

cheers Russ

I love the spider shot, whats that Goldeb Orb??? also what Camera did you use to take the photos?

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

Kerridwyn's Photography Gallery

The basic composition of the first one is good, you have a level horizon and while the jetty is centered vertically, it still follows the ruls of thirds for where it ends, the waterline falls just where I would want it to..

On the second one I would of used a slightly wider aperture to reduce the depth of field a little more and blur that background further.

Nice shots... and Girls? I HATE spiders! :o

I agree with Bob's critique about the two pictures. I want to say, also that I like the colors in both pictues.

About the subject in the second one you are right, I am afraid of spiders :o however it is a nice macro. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks for your comments.........I take it onboard. Now I think about my shots more and look at my pics think what I could have done.....(learning)

K .....my digital camera is the cannon Power Shot A85 I am hoping to update my SLR to a digital when I get the $. I like this compact as it has plenty of manual options and is great to carry every where.

I am no expert when it comes to spiders so I did a search on the golden orb spider and your right it is! There was a smaller spider in the web when I took the shot I thought it was the male..........as it turns out it was I wish I got a shot of him as well now.

cheers Russ