Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photoshop help

G'day all,

Looking around this and other site I realise I have a lot to learn when it comes to post photo editing. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction when it comes to learning about photoshop and how to use it. At the moment I just click buttons not really knowing too much about what they do and how best to use them.

Is there a tutorial I can go to??

Any help appreciated

thanks Russ

hi

uuhmm what version do you have?

I have been reading the wow book for photoshop 7 is very good for quick tips and very easy to follow. got it from the local library.

uuuhmmm if you starting form scrach? read and practice, practice, practice. It could be easier to do some kind of introductional course as i think you gonna get a bit confused with the layers. I started with version 4, and still do not all the little bit of version cs. I think a strong foundation is a very good thing to do.

Regards

Christian

This may help you:

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1296

Cave canem

Hey Russ, keep up the experimenting. Most people learn that way... Big Grin

The best approach is to first visualise an outcome you want to achieve (or find a photo to copy) , e.g.:
- soft glowing portrait
- grainy duotone
- cutting out background
- artistic glowing edges

etc. and then look for tutorials to achieve those effects.... soon you'll discover what the different tools do. Big Grin

All the best!

An excellent resource are Scott Kelby's books. Do a search on him. They are very recipe oriented, in that they accurately describe how to get a specific look.

If you are interested in understanding the mechanics of what photoshop is doing when you do it, there are several versions out there.

If you decide to buy, consider amazon.com Very competitively priced.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Quote:etc. and then look for tutorials to achieve those effects.... soon you'll discover what the different tools do.

This worked for me. I got my programm around two years ago. And I folowed a lot of tutorials to learn how to work with the program, and to learn the meaning of technical words. I used to look for "beginners tutorials", since they explain with a lot more detail.
Don't forget to have a look at your help file in your programm, it has a lot of useful information as well.

Good luck!

Irma.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

jericho Wrote:An excellent resource are Scott Kelby's books.

Definately second Jerry's recommend of Kelby - his stuff is complex in quality and technique - but simple to underatand - I use his Photoshop CS book as my key PS resource.

Thanks for all the imput there! Smile I look forward to following up on your leads!

cheers Russ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post