Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Competition: Diversity

That'll be 2am here. I have to be up at 5am!!!! :o

Cave canem

:o .......ME TOO!!!

--NN

* Steps up on podium *

Ok everyone, here are the results you've been waiting for...

Kevin Lee Wrote:Quite a nice selection of entrants which selected varying subjects from still life, street photography and artistic means. I think the top 4 were hard to differentiate but if given the theme of diversity, one has to select a winner based on a combination of subject matter, composition, effective lighting, any desired depth of field and any other effects used.

The results are as follows:-

WINNER
Literature

A nicely composed still life of an open book in the German language.
Sufficient depth of field masks the titles of the books in the background, but suggests it is one open page, in one small book within a library.

HONOURABLE MENTION -
2 Sail Types

This photo suggests duality in age, duality in technology, duality in lighting, duality in colour/monochrome, duality in words (expression of sails). This is a well composed print taken thoughtfully at afternoon light.

HONOURABLE MENTION -
Looking out for others

This street shot of public life is a thoughtful photo depicting diversity in lives. Possibly taken on a bus or train, it looks like people waiting for transportation, but each having their own lives and loves. The photo cuts out unwanted background distraction and focuses on 3 people (unaware of their mutual location, but all in a world of their own).

So congratulations to Irma, who claims the prize of a 1G memory card, courtesy of Camera Farm (www.camerafarm.com.au). Well done to kenny and potplant as well for their submissions.

As for the random winner of the $20 gift voucher - it goes to... Cailean!

To claim your prizes - please send or PM me your email addresses, and I'll organise the logistics.

Once again, a big thank you to Camera Farm for the generous prizes. When looking around for your photographic needs - please do consider them, as they appear to be very professional and are extremely nice to deal with. Thanks to Kevin Lee as well - our Sydney based photographer - who took the time and effort to judge the entries.

And finally, much appreciation to you to all contestants and entrants - most of you went to extraordinary lengths to submit those wonderful entries. I thoroughly enjoyed viewing them all, the skill and artistic flair really shone through.

I do acknowledge that the timeframe were restrictive to some, and a lot of suggestions and ideas could not be implemented - but unfortunately, that was the way things were stipulated to us. I have also learnt quite a lot through this competition - so look forward to bigger and better competitions in future! Stay tuned! Big Grin

* steps off podium *

Big Grin Congratulations Irma...a well deserved win!

--NN (off to bed at last!)

Well done Irma!

I'm not a bad loser, see...... :/

I sent you a present! Big Grin

[Image: 81_tnbomb%20PLUS.jpg]

Big Grin

'Night all.

Cave canem

Well Done Irma.

Good image and a good match to the competition theme.

Hey Kenny, welcome to Shuttertalk!

Congrats on your honourable mention too. The sails photo was one of my favourites! Big Grin

haha Good on ya irma!
watch out for roo's rice bomb...

Congratulations Irma Smile And well done everyone else.

shuttertalk Wrote:Hey Kenny, welcome to Shuttertalk!

Congrats on your honourable mention too. The sails photo was one of my favourites! Big Grin

Thanks for the fine words. It was good to see a strong response in the images provided and the Diversity (excuse the pun) in shots. Smile

Congrats!! Big Grin
very good!

Thanks a lot to all of you that made of this competition a great experience to me... There were a lot of pictures I was afraid of, because they are beautiful. They made think I didn't have too much chance... Smile

Rufus: Thanks a lot for your present, in fact, I love rice pudding, it is one of my favorite desserts Smile

Irma.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Me too Irma!! Big Grin

Cave canem

Big Grin

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:I love rice pudding, it is one of my favorite desserts.

You've never tried his. :o

Big Grin

Congrats!