Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

mobile phones

Do you use one?

If yes, does it have a camera?

Are you aware of any possible dangers from using a mobile phone?

As of tonight, I'm stopping using my mobile phone, just in case it is bad but not developed yet; what happens in 20 years time if everyone has a sickness, caused by mobile phones? Sure it could be said about anything, but, I'd rather not risk...

I've got one without a camera, from the company. I use it only if I really really have to. You may think I'm stupid but, how do I put it, I can feel something when I'm using it. It's like ever so slight a headache. I don't really know if it's just my imagination, but it makes me fear for the last few brain cells still alive up there, so I avoid using it when I can. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I also feel it; that's why I stopped.

I have one, it's as basic as they come and I am probably talking on it for an hour or more a day for work.

There was concern about them causing brain tumors in the early 90's in the UK, there were several studies done and all concluded the same thing....... They could not prove that using a mobile phone is safe!!! They could also not find a single case where they could prove a cell phone had caused any problems either.

When a cell phone is in use it creates a magnetic field around the antenna, the human body contains virtually no material that is affected by magnetic fields.

Don't get me started on arthritis treatments using magnetic bracelets, there are also no studies prooving that they help.

There are many studies that proove using a cell phone is bad for your health, all concluding that sitting for a long period of time with it trapped under your chin is causing neck and back alignment problems.

Despite the lack of proof, there are several court cases of people suing cell phione manufacturers for health issues. and many manufacturer's recommend using hands free kits to distance the phone from your head.

Ay.....

It aint just phones. Wireless networks and all microwave wireless systems are potential hazards!!! :o

Cave canem

I have a camera less cell phone. I have no land line. I probably talk on average 30 min. a day. I hate talking on the phone. If you listen to enough people you will find everything is bad for you. I'll take my risks if it is bad for me then "Jesus here I come".

Teddy

Nikon d70
Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g ED
Nikkor 70-210 1:4-5.6 d

I was looking for alternatives; found VoIP services;
so I can make calls/receive calls, but only when I'm online, when I'm not online it'll go to my voicemail. And people can call me too. The rates are a lot cheaper.

Based on what I have read, I agree with rufus that all things emit radiation; but those things, you don't hold to your head or keep in your pocket (which may effect other parts of body).

I know that they don't have solid proof yet, but I think it's better not to risk;
I can imagine the day they release a link, everyone will start the sue-sue game and symptoms will start appearing.

Hey my wife used to "feel" funny when using her old phone, and when she placed it next to her bedside when she slept, she used to wake up with a headache. Now she uses a different phone and also keeps the phone about 3 meters away on our chest of drawers.

I'm a consultant so I have to use mobile phone because I'm usually on a client's site or working at different offices, and people need a direct number to contact me. I recently got a PDA phone (with lousy camera), but it means that I now carry it around all the time because I have all my data and on it.

I carry the phone around in a case on my hip, but try not to have it there all day. When I'm sitting at my desk or at home, I take it out and put it on the table.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by adam
Jan 4, 2005, 18:03
Last Post by peter
Aug 10, 2004, 01:17
Last Post by adam
Jun 30, 2004, 23:37