Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shutter-ville!

Guess what everyone! My wife and I bought a house! We received confirmation and signed the paperwork last night, and hopefully everything else (finance etc.) falls into place!

Here's what it looks like:

[Image: al1102393051.jpg]

[Image: bl1102393052.jpg]

[Image: ml1102393050.jpg]

[Image: dl1102393054.jpg]

[Image: cl1107842154.jpg]

Obviously the furniture won't be staying... Big Grin

There goes our financial freedom! Big Grin

Apologies if I'm a bit distracted over the coming week, as I'll be running around checking on things and getting all the paperwork sorted out. I'm sure our trusty moderators will do an excellent job in filling in for me... Big Grin

The house is beautiful! Very roomy and a lot of light everywhere! This is really great news! Congratulations to you both!!
About our moderators, don't worry we will take care of them Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks for the floorplan! I now know the way around your house Wink

Wonderful!

Great news, congratulations to you both Smile

Myself and my wife have been looking for over a year... and can't agree on what we want LOL.

Congrats! I love the backyard, now all you need is kids to fill the place up and trash it!

They just need me Smile

Crackin'! Smile

Cave canem

Beautiful home. Congratulations on the most important purchase of your life. Now the home improvement stores will become your favorite shopping place. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Nice place! So when do us shuttertalkers move in? Big Grin

Excellent!! It looks quite roomy and bright.

Very nice.

You have grandma furniture. Big Grin

My family might be moving too, soon. :o

Beautiful house! I like the patio room and the back yard -- really pretty landscaping.

Thanks everyone! We brought our parents and families through today to have a look again, and they're all pretty rapt about the house! And then we all went to McDonalds for lunch - which is literally 5 doors down the road. Good to know we'll never starve.. Big Grin

Slej, the furniture was the previous vendor's - and isn't staying. It's pretty much empty now.

We'll probably have to paint the house before we move it - lots of scuff marks around. And the garden is nice, just needs a bit of trimming of overgrown hedges down the back. Shuttertalk working bee?? Big GrinBig Grin

Congratulations...I'm really happy for you...there go your camera upgrades though Big Grin

Hope you took out enough on the mortgage for some photo equipment. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Sad but true.... *sniff*... there goes my dreams for a shiny new black 350D... well for the short term anyway. Big Grin

Got a big trip planned at the end of the year to Malaysia and the Philippines, so I'll definitely get my new equipment by then...

Congrats ST! wooohoo.. looks great! How exciting!

<pulls out diary> hmm.. so when is the housewarming party?

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Or you can get it in Malaysia Wink
I'm also going at the end of the year!!! (but probably not the Phillippines)
and maybe after 1st sem exams... hopefully,, hahaha!

Big trip = away from shutterville

Let's have a party in ShutterVille Wink

We finally got the keys!!

After some to-ing and fro-ing and delays on the vendor's side, they managed to settle today! Hooray!

This week we'll be getting some painters in and electrical work done, and then it's moving time! Big Grin

Great new s for you.. I like the fuzzy look.... form one who also lives in a fuzzy place.Colin

Gone all digital

Nice. We have our children in a separate wing, that way we can play the music loud and not disturb them. Cool

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Peted Wrote:Nice. We have our children in a separate wing, that way we can play the music loud and not disturb them. Cool

We have our kinder 400 Ks away.. so our music isn't a problem.... and on the subject of load music.. the number one son was in one of Perth's rock bands a few years back an after one of the better shows at Perth's Melbourne Hotel the group received a review by 6NR ( uni radio)

the review was in these lines.. " with doubt the goon gut babes must be the worst band in Perth"

Gone all digital

My oldest boy is in Melbourne so the music does not bother him much either.
Big Grin

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Very nice--mazel tov!

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Nothing like your own home Smile There is a distinct, unique feeling of goning back home, especially if your own it Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Phil J
Dec 22, 2014, 19:27
Last Post by brianmoh
Apr 13, 2008, 23:17