Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Black bird

Could you help me to repair my black bird? I really don't know how to do it. Sad
Thanks a lot!

[Image: P1030876fixmeupbird.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Is this what you were after, doing much more will make it look like it has been worked on too much. Others should be able to do better than this I would think.

[Image: 33_P1030876fixmeupbird.jpg]

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Yes Pete, this is what I wanted. Thanks a lot.....

Could you tell me what you did? Please? Smile

Paul Cezanne

After seeing what Pete has done I don't think I could do any better. Different maybe but not better. The photo lokks great.

BTW, on my way out to buy new cieling lights at Home Depot I saw for the second time in the same area a pure white crow. The only black was its feet, beak and a little around it's eye's. Truly amazing. Another example of
"TAKE YOUR CAMERA EVERYWHERE!" I have googled white raven and have never seen an actual photo. I'm sure I will see it again and when I do I'll be ready. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I am using PhotoShop CS and I cheat by using DCE tools plugin. Basicly I boosted the midtones, icreased the colour saturation and applied a heap of sharpening and noise reduction. While I was doing all this I had the image size at 200% so I could judge if I was applying to much of anything especially the sharpening because you can end up with too much and the edges of some things just don't look right.

You have to be prepaired to discard everything and start again if you are not happy. I also looked clodsed at the green growth on the pole, that was looking like something I recognise so I knew I should be pretty close, "shades" of black and white are always easy to blow out if you apply just a little too much filtering.

Albert Einstein

First class retouch, Peted...No further work required.

Nice work Pete... what about some cropping?

[Image: P1030876fixmeupbirdcrop.jpg]

I thought a nice border was in order but thought I would leave that and the cropping to Irma.

Cool

Albert Einstein

Thanks Pete, I will work with my picture as you advised. You really did it beautiful

ST Thanks for your idea about the crop. I knew I had to crop, but I didn't know how. Well I have to say that I am so proud of my background that I would leave it like this just to see more of it Smile

Paul Cezanne

Hi Irma, I know your proiud of your "blackbird" background but I am afraid I changed, and after sharpening, toning, touching up and a few other adjustments I present your blackbird on a different background.....

[Image: blackbird.jpg]

Big Grin Big Grin

Big Grin (roflmao)

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I was in the kitchen and G told me; you should come and see what EnglishBob did with your bird picture. What he did??? I asked. He worked with the background, but you have to see... I came to the computer, G just left the text in the screen and told me but you need to read what he did first and then see the picture... ok!

Amazing!!!! Big Grin What I like the most is your technique to clone out the pole Smile Thanks Bob!

Paul Cezanne

You're too funny Craig. Big Grin Maybe some steroids involved too? Big Grin

My flickr images

Now then;

I know I'm a bit late here, and I'm not suggesting that my attempt is any better than anyone else's, but as a PS newbie, I would like opinions please.
The crop is only to reduce file size in this case, and nothing more.

Here we go ...........................

[Image: P1030876fixmeupbirdyes.jpg]

Cave canem

Looks great Ruf. Whatcha do?

My flickr images

Thanks man.

I ran an extended dynamic range plug-in twice at different intensities, selected the black, sharpened it, compressed and cropped.

It does look a bit blue though, doesnt it?

Cave canem

Yes, it does have a blue tint, but so do blackbirds.

Alright. Just because your a mod! Tongue

It does look a bit TOO blue though, doesnt it?

Cave canem

EnglishBob Wrote:Yes, it does have a blue tint, but so do blackbirds.

I agree.

My flickr images

Thought I'd have a go too, so here are 2 versions as I can't decide which I prefer Smile

[Image: 17_P1030876fixmeupbird.jpg]

[Image: P1030876fixmeupbirdB.jpg]

--NN

Thanks a lot NN and Rufus. Your versions are great! I just think there is so much I have to learn with PS....

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jul 18, 2016, 01:35
Last Post by EdMak
Oct 27, 2015, 03:02