Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

World Jump Day

This is a pretty cool idea - this site is trying to sign up 600 million people in the western hemiphere to jump simultaneously, which, according to scientists, will alter the earth's orbit... Big Grin

http://www.worldjumpday.org/

Feel like an ice age, anyone? Big Grin

Saw that on the news last year! hahahaahahaha! people jumping! haaaahaha
if they all jump in time, maybe we can kill the grass! but then how do you make them jump at the same time? already if you are doing it by playing a sound, it takes time to travel, so if they jump as they hear it, it'll be like a wave

strange how they think that people jumping will change the orbit, yet earthquakes causing large buildings to fall down doesn't Smile

hrmm yea i'm abit skeptical on this too... I just don't see how getting alot of people to jump would affect the orbit of the earth, maybe it one point, but over a great surface area, I just don't see it happening.

I have searched the NASA's website and I can't find anything related with the topic... So.... If it were really possible, Nasa would be the first one to give reliable information, and it is not.
JMO

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I wonder what would happen if you could get 600 million people to fart simultaneously. Would we get rid of those darned mosquitos? And would it heal the ozone layer? Big Grin

Personally I think the whole idea is a brain fart. Or a clever scheme to collect millions of email addresses, more likely.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

If something like this was really possible I think NASA or the like would put an end to it. I'm all for G's idea though. Maybe we should fire up a website for something like that. I know all the bean farmers would appreciate it. Big Grin I bet the U.S. government would think it was a Taliban Terrorist plot to gas everyone biologically. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Let's make a stupid reason to make people do silly things.
Like the "everyone point your laser pointer at the moon and make it go red"

I really think some people have too much free time.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

adam Wrote:Let's make a stupid reason to make people do silly things.
Like the "everyone point your laser pointer at the moon and make it go red"

*scribble scribble* thanks for the idea... Big Grin Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 23, 2018, 06:49
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 14, 2012, 16:59