Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Goodnight shuttertalk forum

[Image: P1050446goodnightduck.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Ahhh...cute.

Awww, cute! Very nice!

Almost too settled. I recommend moving it off center.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I think it's beautiful. Thanks Irma for showing. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks for your comments. I was really lucky to catch it sleeping, and she was looking so sweet... I have to say that I am very please with this picture, because despite of the hard contrast I didn't get any aberration in the edge of the white color... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Was the light very even? Overcast?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

It was overcast. Not too nice for us because the task was to take architectural pictures. Sometimes the sunlight in this sort of pictures gives you beautiful effects with lights and shadows. Anyway, I got something nice, this one and some reflections in the lake. Smile

Paul Cezanne

I think I posted one of my shots of a Sulpher Crested Cockatoo here, lots of white and hard not to blow the highlights. Your shot is great.

Albert Einstein

Thanks Pete. It happens the same to me with Lucky in sunny days. Her white parts are most of the time blown out. Yesterday, I changed my white balance to "cloudy" and exposure to -0.3.

Paul Cezanne

I think its lovely and simplistic ; works nicely. frank

Irma Wrote:Thanks Pete. It happens the same to me with Lucky in sunny days. Her white parts are most of the time blown out. Yesterday, I changed my white balance to "cloudy" and exposure to -0.3.

Good work, it is sometimes hard to get all the right settings for a quick shot like that, I usually stuff it up. :o

Albert Einstein

Let me tell you that I am just showing off the nice one. I got a lot of ugly ones. I was so angry. Yesterday I was in the best position one can be to take a beautiful picture of a duck. Flat in the grass and the duck was two meters far from me. He was fluttering beautifully and none of my pictures worked fine. I still have to see where was the problem. The wings are like a whirlpools Sad not too nice. Ah! But I did get a blurred backgrund Big Grin

Thanks Frank for your comment Smile

Paul Cezanne

Ugly is such an, well ugly word, perhaps you should say "I have lots of shots I am not sure what to do with yet", "works in progress" perhaps?.

Albert Einstein

wonderful Irma!!
Perfect exposure, beautiful and very subtle reflections that don't distract, and having not just a duck sleeping, but a WHITE duck sleeping is just terrific.

You need to crop that little distraction from the bottom left, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Don't you just want to poke it with a stick to wake it up? It must be disorientating for a duck sleeping like this. If they were in a river, who knows where they'd wake up? (worse if there were rapids or waterfalls around).

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Kombisaurus Wrote:Don't you just want to poke it with a stick to wake it up?

If I were few years younger probably I would enjoy doing that.... At my age one become a little boring Smile

I have to show off to you, that this is not my first one... I took another one, but it was a swan, when I had no idea that you might get the white blown out if you didn't have the proper settings, so all the merit is to my old camera... My Olympus....

Thanks for your comment Smile

Paul Cezanne

ooo.. lovely swan too Irma. That shot would go very well sitting beside the duck Smile All you need is another photo of a different white bird on a similar lake and you could do a 3-part series!

It's hard to fault images like these... their strength is in their simplicity.. and by being so simple it means there is less to "go wrong" with them than with a complex shot.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post