Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Macabre Snowman

[Image: Macabre%20Snowman.jpg]

I love the ingenious in your picture. Those slices of kiwi work great! Scary but great Smile The texture in the snow is gorgeous, beautifuly detailed. I love it. The red color perhaps from some cherries are exactly that. The cherry on top of the cake... In the very positive sense of the expresion, I must make this clear... The finest detail. Great work, Toad! I am enjoying so much to see and study your pictures. Thanks a lot for sharing Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks so much Irma. In truth, I had very little to do with this - the true artist was the kid that built the snowman - I am just a conduit. The texture in the snow is the "Arctic" filter in the free "Fantastic Machines" paint package - faded back to 50%.

incredible resolution;and original frank

very cool Toady.. and I'm glad to see none of the snow is yellow! Tongue

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Great work Toad. I knew there was something up when I saw the texture in the eyes. It looked like kiwi but then again I've never seen orange in kiwi before. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

yeah.. the "arctic" effect works really well on the snow, but the kiwi fruit looks a little fake. Mask out the originals and stick them back in and I reckon you'd fool everyone into believing the scene was like that.
I do like the way it looks like a skull though.. about time we had some "tough" snowmen instead of just cutsey ones! Wink

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Kombisaurus Wrote:yeah.. the "arctic" effect works really well on the snow, but the kiwi fruit looks a little fake. Mask out the originals and stick them back in and I reckon you'd fool everyone into believing the scene was like that.

Tried your suggestionn, but didn't like it. Realized afterwards that it is the gleam in this creature's eyes that make it look alive. The Kiwis were badly underexposed due to all the white around them, and nothing I did in PS looked as good as whay I posted - but that may be due to my lack of PS technique...

I absolutely love this. This is my kind of photo.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Why thank you Don. I never would have expected that.

Looks kinda scary, nice work nonetheless! I must say snow is pretty much non-existant on the West side of australia.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 16, 2008, 05:06
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Apr 13, 2006, 13:01