Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Yard cat

I posted an edited version of this photo in the Lucky again thread. Here is an unedited version for you to play with. The only thing done was resizing for the web. All the specs on the image are in the Lucky again thread. I'm not looking for artistic versions but rather some editing tips on how you would handle this photo but that doesn't mean you have to stick to that guideline. Do what you will. anything done I'm sure will be interesting. Smile

[Image: yard-cat-007.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Sorry Colin... I couldn't help myself!

I applied a "zoom" effect to see what it would look like, then played with the tone curve.. and the rest just kind of unfolded involuntarily!

Meet "Kitty in the Headlights"!

[Image: KittyInHeadlights.jpg]

Not really what you were looking for I guess... but I'll have a proper play with it a bit later. Wink

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I like it. Looks like the cat has fixed you with its gaze. I see the speed lines emanating from the cat rather than rushing towards it.

Thats the beauty of interpretation, yes?

Run kitty run! :o Great approach to the image Adrian. Smile

My flickr images

Very nice effect, Adrian! 1 life down, 8 to go Smile

Here's my try - I located the kitty closer to the wall and bird bath (so he can keep an eye on it for bathing birds!). Then I did a gradient mask to darken the picture. Next I painted on a new layer with luminosity the kitty's eyes to match the yellow flower, flattened the image and sharpened it. Along the way I cropped it to try to balance the edge of the bird bath as much as possible (in my eye). :/
[Image: stw-yard-cat-keeping-an-eye.jpg]

Good idea putting the kitty closer to the tree trunk and the bird bath. Matching it's eyes with the dandylion is also a perfect idea. Smile

My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jun 14, 2016, 12:15
Last Post by Moriarty
Apr 25, 2015, 15:43