Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What made you start photography?

The First camera I got got was a Kodak Instamatic 77X Circa 1979. Was "okay" for landscape snapshots and not much else. The First digital Camera I got was also a Kodak.... Both got me a great start on the paths in each medium, but neither were much good for Photography LOL.

Way back in the mid 40's, everyone seemed to have a box brownie or similar. You know, we looked through a tiny round hole and out of a square one and saw the world in miniature. And then we looked through the square one and out of the round one and the world got smaller. Amazing. And you could pull two pins out and get two boxes, one inside the other, with mechanical things inside.
I think my first camera was some cheap plastic pinhole camera or maybe the water pistol one. Big Grin

But I suppose my interest came from being a photographer in the RAF partly because it sort of entailed not doing anything too physical.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

3 Members of my Camera Club started out as Air Force Photographers. One has some fantastic shots he took during the Vietnam War.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post