Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #10: Commercial Shot

As suggested by Kombisaurus in Russt's fly life shot, here's a topic for our next photo assignment.

The objective is a commercial style shoot, of an object, thing, dream, ideal, etc. like you'd see on a magazine front page or in an advertisement.

Have fun folks!

p.s. The gallery is disabled at the moment, so just post your pics in this thread.

This sounds like a good challenge. I started building a light tent, and now have an excuse to finish it. Anyone know where I can buy some white diffusion material? Smile

You can't buy the diffusion material anymore Mitch. With that said, you can officially stop making your project and let me win this one.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

jericho Wrote:You can't buy the diffusion material anymore Mitch. With that said, you can officially stop making your project and let me win this one.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Big Grin ROFL, Jer. But remember, all who play the game are winners!

My wife's going to be mad when I rip up the frosted shower curtain ... Tongue

WHAT A GREAT IDEA! Big Grin

I anticipate there will be two of us in a bit 'o trouble....

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Ok.. Here's my first go.

No suprises about the topic I chose to use for my "advert" here.
Instead of just being lazy and posting the same photo I already posted elsewhere, I thought I would at least try to turn it into a billboard-style ad.
I played with different paint colours for the car and thought green looked nice and different, and then just tried to think of a caption to suit.
I'm not sure if we are supposed to include captions (or if we should be endorsing real brands).. but it is kinda fun pretending to make up a full advert, so here it is.

[Image: Toyota%20Envy%20Advert.jpg]

ps: I know the car in the reflection is red and not green, but I don't care! Tongue I'm not going to change it.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Excellent photo. I would never had seen the red reflection. The processing you did allows it to blend well anyway. Anyone seeing this for the first time would never know. One thing I like is that having mirrored the image turns this baby into a North American car. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Nice job Kombi! I think I still like the red though... more sexy Big Grin

Oh you forgot -- "oh what a feeling... toyota" Big Grin

Here is my attempt.

[Image: perfume_s.jpg]

For a better look use the link to view a larger version.

Larger version

/P.L

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

This isn't quite the commercial shot that I should have submitted but I had fun doing it and it kept me occupied from all the other things going on right now. I took this image at the Cloverdale Millennium Amphitheater on Canada Day. I'll try for a photo that fits the assignment more later.

Critiques are very welcome.

[Image: CE-Roll-Stne-web.jpg]

My flickr images

haha.. that's great Peto..
You even put a barcode on there! Nice touch. Nice photo too!

And.. I think it fits the assignment well.. after all, the front cover of a magazine advertises the contents inside. It is selling something, so it is still very much a commercial shot.

Adrian Broughton

Nice photo petographer.

It works as a comercial shot for me. Love the details with the barcode. Great job.

/P.L

Great stuff guys - very professional shot there, Paul, and I love the props. The colours are luxuriously rich and very nicely composed too.

Peto - top marks for attention to detail - it really looks like a magazine! Nice capture too - worth of a front page, IMHO Big Grin

Thanx ST, i actually think my wife smell like peach now. Big Grin

Now we just need some more contributions !

/P.L

These are all great so far.

Peto, I think it fits the assignment perfectly. I played one of those Taylor guitars - that is a sweet axe! When I win the lottery I'll buy one. See? Now it's "commercial." Smile

Thanks all for your comments. I suppose it is a commercial shot in a sort but what I was thinking was something that was created outside photoshop like Paul's.

My flickr images

Your picture is beautiful Colin. I appreciate all the details you did to make it look like a magazine. Very fine work Smile

Well, we went to an Italian warehouse where you can buy a lot of Italian groceries and wines you don't normally get in the supermarkets... So I thought I would make an ad for this salami. I had to hurry today because the salami in the background was longer yesterday. I'm sure if I leave the picture taking till tomorrow it will be only the label.... We are planning to prepare pizza with this salami piccante tonight Smile

[Image: P1130156salami.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma great shot!

nice colors and great composition. Love the stuff in the background aswell, makes the photo very tastey.

Now im craving some salami pizza. Tongue

Thanks Paul for your comment Smile

It was really a gray day. As I have my table to take pictures near the biggest window. I was praying to have enough light to take it.... I helped the lighting with tin paper as well and just now, thinking how I did it, I realized I have two reflections in the lable... Probably it would have been better if I had removed them... but I didn't see them before.. :| Well... you live and learn .... Smile

Paul Cezanne

You made me hungry! :o

hehe.. lovely Irma.. I agree with Paul's comments.

Adrian Broughton

Thanks Adrian.
It is a pity you are not my neighbour. Otherwise, I would invite you to take dinner with us and enjoy these delicatessen Smile

Paul Cezanne

Awesome shot Irma. Yum! Smile This is exactly what I'm talking about for a commercial shot done outside of photoshop. Well done!

My flickr images

Thanks for your comment Colin. Smile

I remember one picture you posted months ago. It was Tasha's and I thought then this one would be a beautiful comercial shot. Do you remember this picture ? Smile

Paul Cezanne

wow ................there is some really great shots in this, I was going to have a go at this one but now I fear I would bring the standard now... Sad Big Grin

Irma, definitely good enough to eat!!!!!!!

Haha, I'm drooling for salami, just like everyone else. Big Grin

Nice shot, Irma! The elements in the background really add to the picture, and I love the rich colour, overall.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Dec 12, 2016, 17:26