Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why I'm posting so little

Yes, sorry dog fans, but I either seem to be doing photographic work which is not suitable to upload, (funeral, engagement, etc), or I'm guitar/bass fiddling.

Oh, hang on.......... Gotta go. More stories later. Big Grin

Cave canem

Yeah, so, anyway.

Phil offered me that job AGAIN. That's the 6th or 7th time. You remember? It's the job with http://www.tradenet.org.uk/

Shall I refuse again? I dont know. :/

Anyway, today I was offered another job.... Well, sort of......
Part-time organising and leading a "basic digital photography" course for "rehabilitated" psychiatric outpatients. Bizarre huh? I am qualified for it though, so I may well do it.

Oh, yes. There is one more reason why I havent posted much...........................
Most of my recent "hobby" pictures have been GARBAGE! :o

Yes, dog mates, I'm off form. Bummer! :|

Cave canem

I know how you feel about not taking too many good photo's, I have been playing with a new Kenko 2 x converter and have come to the conclusion that I don't have a clue what I am trying to do.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

I'm in a photographic funk also. Sad But with a wedding in a couple weeks and a cat show a week after that I should have some to post. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Funny isnt it?

I remember the first time EVER that I experienced a sudden dropping off of a hobby.
It was drums. I guess this was when I was about 15, and I'd been playing a year or so, pretty much every single day. Then, all of a sudden, I wasnt! :o Then I didnt. :/
Then I stopped. :| :o I just couldnt get it together. It didnt "work"

Then I started again! Big Grin

Now x years later, this is a repeating pattern with almost everything.

Double bummer!!! Big Grin

Cave canem

I find I get busy with everything else and don't put aside the time for myself. I am doing some other interesting stuff though, organising an overnight trip to the snow for my Scout Troop, getting a basic caving course package together so I can run it next month, work has also been busy so I can't really complain too much. Big Grin

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

I've had a few okay pics recently, but haven't gotten around to converting them from RAW yet.

I haven't gotten bored with it for more than a couple weeks at a time, but the process of setting up certain shots (even just taking out the reflector for simple flower shots) doesn't thrill me right now.

I'm also spending much more time with the guitars, including signing up for lessons!

Anyway, it's okay to put down a hobby for a while, otherwise it can seem stale. Often I tend to find new inspiration, usually a new technique I want to try out, and that gets me back into it ....

Unless something gets in the way. My knee hasn't healed properly from surgery last year, so I've more-or-less given up martial arts forever. Sad But I might get back into biking! Smile

Oh blimey! :/

I got the funeral pics printed. They arrived today.

THEY ARE RUBBISH!!! :o :o :o

You know, it's so OBVIOUS that I was ill-at-ease. The subjects are vague, the composition vague, the results very snapshotty. :/

Trash.

I'd sack me for such a poor performance. :o

Cave canem

Could it be, that we all expecting higher of ourselves?
The results of that may be good though Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Sep 9, 2016, 11:15
Last Post by Barbara G.
Oct 22, 2013, 06:42
Last Post by canon400d
Oct 14, 2013, 15:54