Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Waverly Cemetry

I was such a beautiful day that I went out to Waverly cemetry to get a few shots.

[Image: waverly1.jpg]

[Image: waverly2.jpg]

I adjusted the levels a bit and applied some USM.

What do you think.

Normally I shy away from shooting in bright sunlight like this,but #1 is lovely.

I like very much #1, The composition and the colors are great!!

#2 It is ok... To be a sunny day you got a lot of the detail in the statue, on the other hand you have a hard shadow in the right wind..... About the picture itself (theme) I can't make any realtion with this statue and a cemetry... Probably this is a cultural difference... It could be that in your country it is understandable that this statue is from a cemetery... but to me it isn't. I could find this angel in any park or roundabout in my country...

Irma.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:About the picture itself (theme) I can't make any realtion with this statue and a cemetry... Probably this is a cultural difference... It could be that in your country it is understandable that this statue is from a cemetery... but to me it isn't. I could find this angel in any park or roundabout in my country...
Irma.

You don't see many angles like this outside of cemetries in Australia. But the subject of the shot was the angle herself. In fact I cropped out all other details so that I could have her alone in the frame.

Great blue colour. Nice shots. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

You've done an excellent job mate!

I love the vivid blues and the great perspective. Such a beatiful sight - having the statues and headstones against the backdrop of the sea...

Brilliant shots. I love the first one for its perspective on the land, sea, and sky.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/