Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The new, improved Rufus.................

........Who doesnt rant, blow his top, insult people, blow raspberries, wave his paws, etc.

A short story.....................

NN advertises my bass amp on Fleabay, as it's so huge. I mean, it takes up more room than Zigs's supper/ Man that's BIG! :o
Anyway, the plan is to sell it, and buy a smaller combo. Mind ewe, most combos are smaller than this beastie. It's 36x28x15 inches, (Centimeters = :/ ), on a home-made trolley, (bolted on), and weighs about 12 stone.
Ok, so NN lists it as "local pick-up only" and explains why. It's like moving an ELEPHANT, (or the mother-in-law). :o

So, guess what mates? Everyone writes in and sez, "Can you post it"? Yeah right! Erm, like, dude......Read the ad!!!

So, someone BUYS IT OUTRIGHT! Yes, yes, yes!!! Smile Smile Big Grin
They email their phone number............ I ring it. The guy says, I have to take it on a train to ****ville. I say, "oh, you must be strong! He says "why???" I say, it takes 2 men to lift it. He says "IS IT BIG????????????"
I say, "my dear fellow, didnt you read the ad??"
NOPE. All he read was 150 watts going cheap!

HE BACKS OUT OF THE DEAL. :x

I say, "what a nice man!"

I'm soooooooo cool, ent I? Big Grin

Cave canem

So I've just had to relist it with this bit at the top:

"Before we get to the details of this listing (which, incidentally, is exactly as it was before) would all potential bidders please be aware that this item is VERY large and EXTREMELY heavy - at a guess at least 10 stones! It has been relisted as the person who bought it on Buy it Now was unable to collect it due to its size and weight. Please read the dimensions carefully, bear in mind the weight and that this will need a suitably sized vehicle and two men to lift it and PLEASE DO NOT BID unless you are able to collect. Thank you."

And due to a large volume of dumb questions, this bit at the bottom:

"Once again, please note this is for pick up from my home address ONLY. I can't arrange for a carrier, nor meet you part way. Please don't e-mail me with an offer and a request to end the auction early as I don't do that."

Rufus might not be ranting and waving his paws about, but I am!!

--NN :x

Good grief!

We just sold it AGAIN! :o

Cave canem

Lol.. funny story guys!!!!

So... do you ship to Australia? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toad
Aug 6, 2007, 17:39