Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hofbrauhaus

Hey G and Irma... just thought I'd share a cultural experience I had... Big Grin

We had some visitors from the US this week, so we took them out to dinner last night. We went to Hofbrauhaus - a german restaurant in the city, which I thought was pretty neat. They had a rich atmosphere, a pretty traditional menu including lots of bier and schnapps, and a live folk band as well.

I had a Munchner Schweinaxe (Pickled and roasted porkshank, served with sauerkraut and potato dumpling) while my wife had a Rindsroulade (Traditional German beef dish filled with onion and bacon, mustard and beef mince), and we topped it off with Almdudler soft drink and some schnapps.

Anyway, really enjoyed the food and atmosphere, and I just thought I'd tell you guys about it.. Big Grin

Mmmmmm. You make me hungry. Tongue

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Yeah! We prepare those dishes at home!! Smile G is really good at preparing Bavarian food... We prepare Roast Pork on weekends because it needs to be a big piece of pork, and also because it is a lot of work, so we cook for two days... we prepare our dumplings with pieces of old hard rolls or baguette, onion and parsley and we have normally rotkraut with pieces of apple in it...

Rindsroulade is easier to prepare, and we eat it more frequently... we prepare our spaetzle, sort of home made noodles to go with this dish...

Did you drink any beer? I drink Pilsner bier, it is light and tastes similar to Mexican beer. G drinks weiss bier, it is made of wheat mainly and it is unfiltered, it is a heavy beer... It is still brewed in strict accordance with the Bavarian Purity Law of 1516. The history of this beer is very interesting... and you know... this is what sometimes surprises me a lot... What we (aztecs) were doing around those days (1516)? ... Well... our calendar was still written in a stone, and we were fighting the Spaniards with stones and sticks... What a contrast, isn’t it?

I am very happy you had a nice experience, and you enjoyed your dinner, after all you had the best German food... Bavarian food Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne