Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

gold Sov

Hi all, Here is a macro shot of the 22ct gold Sovereign that i found yesterday, its slightly bigger than a 5 cent coin and its worth between $250 and $450. Its only the second gold coin that i have found in my 20 years of metal detecting. Cheers Raoul Wink

[Image: untitled6gg.jpg]

Hey awesome!!

I just got back from Sovereign Hill (historical gold mining town) and have a much greater appreciation for gold / mining now...

That's incredible! Wow! Is your metal detector expensive?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Congrats Smile looks in pretty good condition too!

Awsome find!! I seem to recall from an earlier thread that Raoul has 3 or more metal detectors... yes?

Beautiful coin... Congratulation Raoul Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi guys thanks for your responses, Toad yes Whites MXT,Minelab underwater detector Excalibur and gold detector Minelab SD2200d the only one that hasn't paid for itself is the gold one, most i would have found in a trip would only amount to a few hundred dollars.
My cheapest detector is the underwater one, that was $1800 then the Mxt that was $2500 then the SD2200d was $3500.
Great hobby goes well with Photography as you get to go all over the countryside.

Here's my other gold coin a full Sovereign found in chest high water at Como Beach, someone had decided to turn it into a pendant and carve out some religious symbols on it,ruining the coin,pity its now only worth the gold value.

Cheers Raoul [Image: untitled400x2145yn.jpg]

Yeah, pity about the ruined coin...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Plantsman
Apr 2, 2015, 02:55
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Oct 25, 2014, 08:12