Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I want to use Firefox but...

I'm not sure my Norton is operation in conjunction with it. Also I have a Logitech wheel mouse and the wheel functions don't work with Firefox. For those unfamiliar with the wheel mouse, when you push the scroll button a wheel with web addresses pops up. These would be my most widely used web addresses. I couldn't live without this function.
Does anyone have anything they can tell me about setting up Firefox and Norton internet security?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:Does anyone have anything they can tell me about setting up Firefox and Norton internet security?

Which portion exactly?

I use norton and Firefox, never had any issues.... though the firewall is disabled as I use zonealarm pro.

I use Norton Antivirus (not security), wheel mouse and Firefox. No problems. No idea what problem may be.

I went to Symantec to do a security check on my computer with the Firefox browser and it would do the check. So really I'm not sure yet if norton is actually running when I'm using firefox. Also like I said, on the wheel mouse the links do not open when I use the web wheel.

My flickr images

I have no problems with Norton AV and Firefox. I also have MS Anti Spyware running in the background. I have a wheel mouse, too, but only use the wheel for scrolling.

The next version of IE will have tabbed browsing and other Firefox-like features. You may just want to wait.

Firefox is a browser. It shouldn't affect the ordinary operation of Norton which works under the broader Windows operating system.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don Schaeffer Wrote:Firefox is a browser. It shouldn't affect the ordinary operation of Norton which works under the broader Windows operating system.

--Don

Right you are Don. I suppose the only thing that is a problem is my web wheel. Here's what that looks like.
[Image: web%20wheel.jpg]
It's just that when I click on one of the choices the browser dosn't open when using firefox. Maybe if I uninstall and reinstall?

My flickr images

I had a brief google, but couldn't find anything about webwheel and firefox.

I remember using the webwheel a few years back, but nowadays I find myself using the bookmark toolbar the most:

[Image: capture.jpg]

Basically your bookmarks become buttons in the toolbar, and my favourite sites are just a click away. (As opposed to multiple clicks with the webwheel)...

Anyway, why not just download firefox and give it a go? I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed...

I have firefox installed and have used it but the thing I like about the web wheel is you don't have to have the browser open. I'll likely give it another go and try and get used to not having the web wheel. However, I still might be able to fix it.

My flickr images

Oh right... I get you now regarding the web wheel...

By the way, I just downloaded the mouse gestures extension - it's awesome!

You just hold down the right button and make gestures with your mouse, and it does all this stuff which used to require keystrokes!

[Image: gestures.jpg]

Link please! Big Grin

My flickr images

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/mo...g=10&id=39

Don't forget to check out adblock as well...
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/?a...on=firefox

The page would not display when clicking either links but when using Firefox this came up.
http://www.paypal.com/ :/

My flickr images

I went to Logitech to see about updates and found out that Firefox isn't supported. The only ones that are...
• America OnLine 5.0 — 8.0
• Internet Explorer 4.0 — 6.0 SP1
• NetScape 4.6 - 7.0
• MSN Explorer
• MSN 8
• Opera 6.03 — 6.05

My flickr images

Dunno what's up with those links...

Anyway if you open up firefox, then go to Tools -> Extensions and click on the "Get More Extensions" link... it'll take you to the addons.mozilla.org page. Search for "adblock" and "mouse gestures"...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shuttertalk
Jul 12, 2004, 20:59