Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Amazing, but quite true.

This is a response to Zig's snippet sound posts.

Whenever I hear Zig's recordings, I think "Wow, that's impressive," but the problem is, that in this day and age we hear so much falsely manufactured sound that we, (well me, anyway), tend to get sort of unaware of real skill.
Now, I've said it here before, and I make no appology for repeating this...........
When you see Zig play "in person" and without any electronic back-up, he is, in my oppinion, even BETTER than the recordings suggest.

That's it.
Just had to say that.
Smile

Cave canem

ehem...eythenkyow.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Going by his recordings, I'd love to see Zig playing in person! Big Grin

Good stuff Zig! I'm not too into the neo-classical rock style, but the blues track was great. Also loved the feedback via ebow! Cool

Thank you slej; I sometimes throw the odd widdle in just to prove to myself I can hold my own, to be honest.
How's your recording going by the way mate?

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:How's your recording going by the way mate?

Mostly on hold because of time considerations (birth of new baby and all.)

Plus I've sold the Pandora and bought a proper amp - a little Roland Microcube. Still getting used to it, but it's very functional. Has a line out for recording but I haven't plugged it into the pc yet.

Need to get back into it. Recording yourself is a great learning tool!

Lots of new recording-related toys coming out - Line 6 has the new TonePort UX2 which looks really cool with those analog gauges.

[Image: lin_ux22_lg.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Aug 30, 2011, 03:34