Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Woot - I just purchased a Ipod

Apple iPod 40GB. Less than 6 months old and in MINT condition and it already has over 2,000 songs downloaded. Specifications * Holds over 10,000 songs at near CD quality on 40GB hard drive. * Up to 12 hours of continuous playback with rechargeable lithium-ion battery. * Super portable at 6.2 ounces and only 0.69 inch thick, 2.4 inches wide, and 4.1 inches tall. * Automatically synchronizes music, playlists and audiobooks with your Mac or PC. * Innovative Click Wheel for easy navigation. * Plays AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, WAV, AIFF and Audible formats. * Skip protection of up to 25 minutes. * High-resolution, backlit LCD display Includes: * iPod, dock, earphones, FireWire cable, USB 2.0 cable, and AC adaptor. * iTunes software for Mac and Windows. Mac Requirements * Macintosh with FireWire of USB 2.0 port (USB 2.0 requires Mac OS x v10.1.5 or later. Windows Requirements * PC with FireWire or USB 2.0 port or FireWire or USB 2.0 card * Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or later, or Windows XP Home or Professional.

Woot and I pay for it this friday, so now I can find a retreat with my camera, listen to my relaxation music ...I lurve Tony O`conner and take photo graphs Smile

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

Kerridwyn's Photography Gallery

Cool! Is it the version with a colour screen? (iPod Photo)

Blimey! What's an Ipod?

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Blimey! What's an Ipod?

The generic brand iPod refers to a class of portable digital audio players designed and marketed by Apple Computer. (Hewlett-Packard also markets the product under the name Apple iPod + HP.) Devices in the iPod family offer a simple user interface designed around a central scroll wheel. Most iPod models store media on a built-in hard drive, while a lower-end model, iPod shuffle, relies on flash memory

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

shuttertalk Wrote:Cool! Is it the version with a colour screen? (iPod Photo)

I dont believe so, I am more interested in the music side of things, I can just see it now being in my favourite place, listening to RainForest Magic by Tony O`conner and taking photos

40GB is a lot of storage. I have a 30GB iPod which I have about 1/4 full of music. The rest I use as a portable storage device for photos when I am on the road. On a long trip I can easily oustrip the storage capacity of my flash cards, and it is a life saver. I move the photos from the iPod to my PC when I get home and then clear the photos on the iPod. You should look into this functionality - for a digital photographer - it rocks.

Yeah my wife has an iPod mini, and it does rock. Big Grin

Haven't explored using it as a portable storage medium yet, but haven't had to either... yet. Big Grin

Lol... here's instructions I found on how to turn your iPod nano (I suppose it could be done for other ipods too) into a 200GB model... pure genius I tell you... Big Grin
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Ipod_Nano_2...structions

Make sure you check out the photos on the Results page.. Big Grin

That would be one sexy unit! A lovely little iPod Nano with a bulky hard drive soldered to it!!!

Nay - not soldered...

Rubber band and tape - even sexier! Big Grin

And the last graph on the results page - 6 minute battery life... lol! Big Grin

Quote:We found in our benchmarking results that the addition of the ATA hard drive adversely affected battery life. However, we believe that this is a small price to pay for an over 50x increase in storage capacity.

iPod not cool enough yet??

I have the IceLink Plus unit that connects my iPod directly into my car stereo system - just drop it in the cradle...charges while it plays and even displays the song title and artist on the radio display...

http://www.densionusa.com/allproducts.htm

yes, yes, my hubby wanted to buy one of these. We brought a new camera for me instead Tongue

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Ipod video?!?!?!?!

Nope just a normal Ipod, here is my baby. Though I had to purchase the USB 2 cable as it didnt come with one.

[Image: Ipod.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Feb 17, 2012, 06:52
Last Post by adam
Jan 15, 2006, 20:17