Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thought...............

I have an idea.

In light of certain events in this locale, I was wondering who can tell of "hearing from God."

Now, I do NOT mean a booming voice heard during a thunderstorm, after 6 glasses of brandy and a DVD of the exorcist. No.

I mean those signs and indicators, those too-much-of-a-coincidence events, those it-just-MUST-be, occurrences.

You had some? Lots? Recently? Today?

Do tell.

Cave canem

As you know Ruf, generally many per week; thing is, they come in all manner of ways and through many other senses(at least the other4 plus!)...and often I'm not aware of them until "post hoc" as it were, and then only upon "happening" to have them come up in actual conversations with other Christians. Had one today, when "my"thought of phoning someone to discuss a matter that was "churchy", was headed off by an inadvertant call from another person; as I sought the original person's number afterwards, I get a call from the very person themselves.
Thing is, that person wanted me to pray for their husband, whereas MY reason for phoning them had been as a result of my fear response to some gossip I'd just heard 10 mins previously.
End result: God wanted me to pray for that person; yet I had the overriding urge to really just try to eliminate my fear response by getting caught in gossip...; I was "obedient" in that I followed God's prod to pray for them on the phone. However, I STILL levered my own fear into it, even though I knew i was going against God's grain by doing so.
And as i did this, and felt worse....lo and behold: I happened to receive(whilst rejigging email rules) a mail from another person who i definitely did NOT want to get anything from, and whom i blocked last week(yes him!)
I then fell apart with consuming rage; my "prayers" to God were then of accusing, abandonment and a host of other, er, flesh tones(as they say in photo forums!) In fact, i just about was sick as I attempted to screen out from my inner sight "visions" of violence I might commit.
Then I carried the rage about and felt worse, so I logged on this site.
Then i saw your thread...thus I was able to "share" about exactly what the thread is about, i suppose....
and, the sum-up being:
Yes, I hear quite "normally" from God many times a day...and either before/during/after, i generally hear from my flesh, habit, mind or the enemy too!
And when I don't take authority over the last 4, God is still willing and able to provide me a "way out"...in this case by providing a thread about exactly what is going on for me.
Well Rufus...if no-one else understands this, you at least know this very thread is one of those very God-incidences itself!
(am I looking forward to lying down in the kennel for a while!)

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

That fellow again? Blimey. I can only begin to guess that somehow this very unpleasant chap is your tutor........... Yeuk!
There MUST be a reason, (however obscure), that Mr X is so persistently offensive. Maybe it's the same reason that makes my Vicar say such daft things.......... Hmmmm.

Been and done the shopping..... J has a large, specially butchered, leg of lamb for you.

Cave canem

Yummy! Tongue
"specially butchered", as in "attached to remainder of animal"? Big Grin
and, er, what you 2 'avin then Big Grin

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

A few months ago, I was at my friend's place for a church meeting.
Then suddenly, during the meeting, I hear this prompting in me, to go turn off my car headlights - but I decided to ignore that, because I thought through and remembered turning it off.
Then straight after that, for no reason, I started to search my pockets for my phone - first time it's not in my pocket!!!!, and kept feeling this 'go to your car', but I didn't Smile

Then later when the meeting was over, I went to my car, the window was smashed, someone broke in, and stole my ashtray (with coins), my air freshener and took out the things in my glovebox. and my phone wasn't there, so I thought it must be at home.
Then realised it wasn't at home, checked the car again, and it was there SmileSmile They probably didn't see the phone.

Can we consider this a hearing from God thing, for me to go see my car? but I didn't listen... I'm quite sure it was Smile

I came to Germany 5 years ago. My first winter was exciting. It was the first time I saw and touched the snow, and to seeing snowing through the window was really nice, I felt myself in a beautiful movie...

My second winter was not that easy... I knew how it would be and those days with gray sky and cold weather really made me very sad... I will always remember that day because I believe that we always have answers, indicators from God, but sometimes we just don't listen to them...

That day I was in the kitchen, looking at the window, there have been a lot of gray days before and I was becoming nostalgic and very sad... It was midday... It was not the time for G to arrive from work... and while looking through the window I thought... "I don't know why God wants me to be here"... in that very moment I saw that G was driving the road infront of the kitchen... the interesting thing is that I was not surprissed by his arrival... I really felt it as an answer from God... I just smiled and said aloud... "Ok, ok, I understood...." Of course God was not wrong... G is the best man I have ever known...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

:/ I dont know Adam.............. :/

You know esp and the like is a very dangerous area, but I suspect that pre-fall, we had abilities which are currently unknown. Big Grin
Whether such pre-cog events and hearing God's voice are linked, I just wouldnt dare say, (even if I knew)....... :|

(Which I dont). Rolleyes

(Or, if I do know, I dont know that I do.....) :/

(Or, maybe I will know), Big Grin

(Or maybe not). Sad

Probably. :/

Cave canem

Irma said:

I believe that we always have answers, indicators from God, but sometimes we just don't listen to them...

Or dont know how, maybe.........

Anyway, I'm sure you are right.

Regarding "G" ...... That's cool, but of course you never met ME! Cool

Cave canem

Zig Wrote:Yummy! Tongue
"specially butchered", as in "attached to remainder of animal"? Big Grin
and, er, what you 2 'avin then Big Grin

Yes. Straight off the cat. I mean Lamb. Big Grin

Cave canem

I've an idea this thread could be very long one!
(As an aside comment on the nature of this thread,...another "coincidence" in that we are already alluding to the Jesus of the gospels even in our fun mention of lamb!)
I'd reckon Christians develop an ear/sense as God's Spirit is allowed by them to lead, comfort, warn, teach and a host of other things.
I remember C.S. Lewis once talking of the nature of faithfulness by asking the reader to consider how it is, say, for a dog to learn of the nature of its owner: the more obedience and listening, the closer the relationship...until after a while the dog can "sense" in seemingly uncanny ways other things about the owner: mood, imminent arrival despite being 2 miles away in a car....
Just woolgathering, and haven't put this terribly well; I'd think the concern for the Christian would be that (s)he WASN'T developing a sense of hearing from God. I also testify that before my "conversion" in 1990 that I used to "hear" from many sources that I felt to be Godly but turned out, after the scales fell away, to be not from Him at all.
It's not every forum that one feels safe enough to natter about this sorta stuff, is it!
Guitarplaying photographing Christians? Ooo, coincidence surely!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post