Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Real Photographers

Just a little something from my daily jokes subscription...

Quote:Knowing that photography was a passion of mine, my cousin
asked if I'd take her wedding pictures. I agreed, but
instantly became a nervous wreck. Would the photos be in
focus? Would she like the composition? Could I get a shot
of everyone?

Finally my wife heard enough. "Stop worrying about it!"
she said. "If they'd wanted a real photographer they would
have gotten one."

Funny enough my cousin has asked me to do there wedding photography.

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

Kerridwyn's Photography Gallery

Hehe I did my cousin in law's wedding last year too... Big Grin

Brought back a few memories...

You have to admit asking a relative to be a photographer is a risky business on the part of the bride and groom. My nightmare is messing up all the important photos.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Seems people assume you have a decent camera, your in a camera club.... you can photograph their wedding!

I have turned down 4 requests this year. I hate photographing people, so a wedding is a definate nono, no matter what the offer.

My best friend is getting married and wanted me to shoot the wedding , i had to tell them no for a lot of reasons .

#1 . Fear !!!!!!!!

#2 . I am in the wedding ( i think that would be hard Big Grin )

#3. inexperence ( sp )

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Well, we all need to start somewhere. I say do lots of research and see what results the pro's are turning out, write down pointers and shoots lots at the gig. Everything takes time and you might have to take the bad with the good for a while. Eventually it will pay off.
It is going to be hard to go out and shoot a wedding outdoors if you spend all your time photographing dogs in a studio.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post