Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

someone bought a camera!

I've heard reports that Shuttertalk member 'Shuttertalk' aka Julian, bought a camera!

It's not true!

Yes it is!! Big Grin

And he is a TRAITOR! (by his own words)

Haha, it's true! I joined the Nikon camp...

Picked up the twin lens kit - 18-55 and 55-200, with a SB-600 speedlight to come by redemption...

Hissss.......

Bah... Congratulations on your new purchase Big Grin

now we want PICTURES!

Congratulations Julian.

Canon stuff.

Congrats Julian!
Someone in the class I took last month brought the D50 and I took a few shots with. Its a nice peice of gear, fits very snuggly in your hand! (that was before I brought my 350D of course, so he was lucky to get it back off me!) Hope you have loads of fun with your new 'baby' and you must post lots of piccies!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thanks everyone!

Just reading the manual now:

Quote:When operating the diopter adjustment control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally.

Big Grin

woohoooo.. congrats ST!! <mumble mumble traitor mumble>

So where are the pics?

lol about the good advice in the manual... You gotta love the safety precautions they include in manuals these days. Does it mention anything like "do not take photos while driving or operating heavy machinery"? lol.

I hope you are busy out there taking photos and enjoying the camera instead of inside reading posts from me!

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Is it me, or have you not actually stated WHAT CAMERA you bought? :/

Cave canem

Its a Nikon Ruf.. do we need to know any more? Tongue

But yeah I think you are right. I just assumed it was a D50, but it was Schell who mentioned that model, not Julian.

I guess it's either a D50 or a D70s though... as he bought the "twin lens kit - 18-55 and 55-200"

ooo.. but he didn't even say it was digital!!! maybe its film??? (do they still make film cameras?) Wink

Adrian Broughton

Film? :/

Isnt that what you get on cooling coco?? :/

Cave canem

Congratulations!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hey you're right... I didn't mention the camera.. it's a D50. Big Grin

Haven't had much time but I'm so itching to play with it. I'll be going to the market at lunchtime to see if I can catch a few shots. Also going camping this weekend, so will get a good workout then...

Here's some modelling by my spice rack and car keys...

[Image: DSC_0080.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0085.JPG]

Dang, just noticed how blurry the photos were ... I was hand holding in poor light this morning. Sad

Film?

Isnt that what you get on cooling coco??

hey now watch the film jokes Big Grin Big Grin

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

omg.. :o Not only is he a Nikon shooter but he's a Subaru driver as well!!! arrgg!!!

It had better not be a WRX, as they are the sworn enemy of any TOYOTA GT-Four driver! :p hehe

Here's how me and my friends deliver justice to traitors who switch from Toyota to Subaru... Let this be a warning to all of you :x
http://digitalkinetics.smugmug.com/generalbush/

For what its worth, the victim of the above practical joke is a good friend and he LOVED it! He's one of the few people I know where there was never any doubt in my mind that he might get angry about it. He was quite touched that his mates would put so much effort into something like this. And apart from anything else he only paid $400 for the car - A small price for a joke that we'll still be laughing about in 20 years time. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Adrian Broughton

I got nothing against Canon or Toyota, but I only go for the best. Hahah... that was just a joke by the way... just in case anyone takes that comment seriously and leave the forums... Big Grin

It's a Forester by the way...

IF you only went for the best... it'd be a Honda! Not that employment in a Honda dealer makes me biast.....

Kombisaurus Wrote:lol about the good advice in the manual... You gotta love the safety precautions they include in manuals these days. Does it mention anything like "do not take photos while driving or operating heavy machinery"? lol.

[Image: IMG_8295%20(Small).JPG]
The camera still works fine!!!

I couldn't help it... the clouds! the clouds!!!
I drove slow.... really! and made sure there was no one nearby... and, made sure all was safe!

hiiiii

welcome to the nikon club......... im still waiting for the new digital.

regards

christian

EnglishBob Wrote:IF you only went for the best... it'd be a Honda! Not that employment in a Honda dealer makes me biast.....
I'm with you Craig!!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Hi everyone! I've been reading up on this forum for a while now ever since I got bitten by the digital phoography bug and have been hunting down the perfect dSLR. And so I thought, this topic would be the perfect one to post my first ever post because I just got my brand spanking new 350D last night!

Sorry to steal some of the lime light Julian Tongue

And by the way, I drive a Toyota Big Grin

woohoo Mark... Welcome to shuttertalk!

A Canon AND Toyota fan.. I like you already! Smile Smile

Congrats on the 350D. Glad to see somebody inject some sanity into this thread! Tongue It was starting to get over-run by Subaru and Honda drivers who were all talking Nikon. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Adrian Broughton

Welcome to the forums Mark Smile Nice Camera... can I interest you in a nice Honda? Tongue

Thank's for the warm welcome guys. As long as i've been reading these forums, it has definitely been one of the most friendliest!

Thanks for the Honda offer EnglishBob but a nice L series lens would be even nicer Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by canon400d
Nov 10, 2013, 04:15