Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

how safe is shuttertalk

i was just wondering how safe is shuttertalk and information that we have posted? not that we have to worry that much as there is not much personal information such as credit cards but i just wonder about the hacking to this website?

i recenlty saw this in the from page...

[Image: 4_Untitled-1.jpg]

regards

christian

Yes. This is an ongoing problem. Unfortunately Julian is away.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Julian is away, and my guess would be that this was an SQL injection into the portal, but I could be wrong.

One of the poetry servers I'm on had a major hacking recently. The proprietors had not provided for full backups for the web site managers. We lost a lot of our work. It was very disruptive of anythking considered archived. A lot of the web sites moved to another server because of it. The real answer is, never consider your work archived on the net.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I would recommed to Julian that he give you some Admin access for this type of thing Craig. Just for those times he is not available. I Googled the hackers name and he has hacked a lot of sites. But mostly front page defacing.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Mar 22, 2020, 15:49