Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any Perth people want to shoot some cycling this weekend?

Hey guys,

I just received this email from one of our cycling coaches and thought it might be worth passing it on here...

Quote:Hi All,
Just letting You all know that the Malaysia vs W.A. Track Cycling Grand Prix is on this Saturday Night (5th Nov), 6pm to 9pm, at the Speedome in Midvale. Entry is free, and due to a lack of promotion for the Race, looking to get as many "bums on seats" as possible to watch some really good Track Cycling, covering all Grades and the feature W.A. vs Malaysia Sprint events.
Please pass the word around as it is free entry will be the cheapest entertainment You will get this Saturday night.

I'm planning to go along to do some practice shooting there, and I thought there might be one or two other locals who might find it interesting to come along.
No doubt being in a large velodrome at night it will be tricky shooting conditions, but that's the challenge I guess.

As it is open to the public and entry is free anyway.. anyone can just show up at the door. But if you'd like to form a "shuttertalk contingent" then I'm happy to arrange to meet there.

Anyone keen?

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

woooow

what opportunity

unfortunatly im stuck in the midlle of nowhere

christian

Ahhh! shooting opportunities... when exams come :| rar! I really want to... but... RAR! Sad EXAMS Sad

Hey Adrian,

That sounds pretty cool. Do you want to talk to the organiser and see if you need any form of permission to shoot it aside from as a spectator? Might be more worthwhile that way.

I'd be interested to come along and have a look at it and I have nothing on Saturday night anyway.

Already on it Jamie, Smile

I've offered to give our coaches/athletes and marketing department copies of some of the photos I take, so I'm hoping to get in as support staff for the WA team. Hopefully to grab a spot in the middle of the velodrome (inside the track).

One of our marketing staff who is also a budding photographer is hoping to come with me, and I can certainly ask about including you too. The fact you are a professional photographer should hopefully make their eyes light up. But that doesn't mean you are obligated to give them free copies of any of your shots. I'm only giving them limited use of some of my shots because I work with them and the athletes are "our" athletes and I'm happy if they can benefit from my shots.

I've made a similar arrangement with a couple of our other sports in the past and those coaches and athletes have been very supportive and given me all the access I want... and the marketing department loves me because they can get free photos of our athletes from me.

But I haven't heard back from the head coach yet, so this is all a big "maybe" at the moment. We might still be stuck up in the stands.

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Shooting a wedding on Saturday night Sad

All the best - sounds like fun.

Canon stuff.

Ah, you westies have all the fun.. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Apr 11, 2020, 06:52