Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Toad's Poster Visits Law and Order CI ...

Not sure any of you remember but a while ago, I did a CD package for a heavy metal band. The poster of the CD cover subsequently was used on an episode of "the 4400" as background dressing for a scene - 3 copies of the poster were on display. I told you guys all about that.

Turns out this same poster is making the rounds. I am informed that it will also be on the February 3rd epsiode of "Law and Order - Criminal Intent". I'll have to tune in to see. If any of you happen to see the show - watch for it - it is a skull that is frozen on one side and on fire on the other.

[Image: CTG%20Skull%20final%20new%20puny.jpg]

I am also told that it will be used later on this year in an episode of "Smallville".

Go figure. My artwork has become a "prop" for the TV production industry.

That is fantastic news Rob. Are you getting any royalties from all this?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Crackin'!

Cave canem

Congratulations!! This is really great news... I had seen your picture already, because I like to visit your website, and you have that picture there...

Your picture is great! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Awesome dude! You legend!

Yeah, any royalties? Or is your name mentioned in the credits at least? Big Grin

No I am afraid no royalties or credits. The posters are just a part of the background in these scenes and not an important story element - as I say - just a prop. I would rather they use these posters for free than simply substitute somebody else's stuff.

I suppose they have a permanent home in the studio prop room now - and get pulled out whenever some art director or production assistant goes looking for creepy artwork to dress a scene. It's good for the ego at least - and makes good conversation.

I suppose if my stuff was handled by a photo licensing organization, I would be in line for a few dollars - but then I suppose they would not use it - so c'est la vie. I do keep track of these things, however, for inclusion on my photographic resume, and the TV "credits" looks quite impressive on it - shows "commercial appeal" or some such thing...

But mostly, its just kind of cool seeing it on TV.

woohoo!! That's great Toady! Really fantastic.. Smile

I'm very happy for you. And you're right, it will look great on your resume (or for picking up chicks). Cool Tongue

wait there... <prints out the image above>... can you sign this for me? It'll be worth a few bucks on eBay! Big Grin Big Grin

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Apr 14, 2012, 09:17
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jun 17, 2010, 11:36