Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What's the frequency, kenneth - and all others......?

You know how every now and then you get a shot that then becomes your favorite for a while?
I mean the ones you put on your screen as wallpaper for a while, or you print and even get framed, or give away to people..... For me, they are often ones that I didn't expect to turn out great and then am even more pleased to find them so nice.

Now I was just wondering: how often does everyone get these "favorites"? and should you expect the frequency to increase as you gain experience (and presumably your pics on average gain in quality?)?

I don't want to be talking scientific stats, just to give you an idea, I feel like I only get a favorite every 1000 pics or so, or maybe one every other month.

Just curious........

Maybe as your experience increases, your level of expectations also increases accordingly... hence the frequency stays roughly the same? Big Grin

Smart thought :-)

I was wondering whether the awe-factor might actually be something independant of technical quality of a picture......

I've been shooting frequently for the last 2 and a half years... I've probably got a dozen that I really like and 2 that I feel are "special".... that's out of over 6000 shots!

And I agree with ST, in the last year my skills have improved greatly, however my level of acceptance has become a LOT higher.

Interesting..............I agree with ST and EB but with that said I think if you shoot subjects that mean something to you, you will get a lot more keepers..........they dont have to be tecnically correct to be a favorite!!!!!!!!

I'm not too sure how often my own photos give me that "Awe" factor but I'm pleased quite often with many of my photos. That is probably a reason why I do not post images in the critique forum so much. That isn't to say they don't need improvement but if I'm happy with it then.... I will post there though if I think there is improvement needed and I need the feedback to help me improve.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images