Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Playing with sound and light

[Image: form1.jpg]
[Image: form2.jpg]

Cave canem

hi rufs

i really really like the first one the composition and colours is great....what is it? a guitar? or violin?

thanks

christian

Intriguing. I like the way you flatten the 3-d shape.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

byrt_001 Wrote:hi rufs

i really really like the first one the composition and colours is great....what is it? a guitar? or violin?

thanks

christian
Thanks. Smile

Yes, it's an acoustic guitar, (a very big one!).

Cave canem

Don Schaeffer Wrote:Intriguing. I like the way you flatten the 3-d shape.
Thanks Don. Yes, the intention was to present only the lines and flow.

Cave canem

I like the flowing lines, and the way you've zoomed in on a small cross section of the guitar. Nice work!

Your pictures are great Rufus... the first one has a very sensual look to me... I like it a lot!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I prefer the abstractness of the second, though in many ways the first may be a better photo.

Many thanks, folks!! Smile

Mr Pioneer, may I ask, do you equate belief with intoxication, an artificially induced and transitory thing? Very interesting......

Cave canem

Quote:Mr Pioneer, may I ask, do you equate belief with intoxication, an artificially induced and transitory thing?
No more so than you equate disbelief with a crime or something shameful.

The thief and policeman analogy hasn't anything to with crime or shameful things. The way I read it is that the reason a thief can't find a policeman (and an atheist can't find God) is that neither of them wants to.

Big Grin Quite so.

Cave canem

Quote:The thief and policeman analogy hasn't anything to with crime or shameful things.
I didn't say that it necessarily did.

Quote:The way I read it is that the reason a thief can't find a policeman (and an atheist can't find God) is that neither of them wants to.
There are multiple ways to read both quotes. Why, though, would someone not want to find God, unless perhaps they are ashamed? The analogy is poor unless the reasons the atheists has for not finding God are at least very similar, if not identical, to those the thief has for not finding the police. The analogy is actually misleading and deceptive if the reasons why an atheist doesn't find God are completely unrelated to why a thief doesn't find police. It seems that the way you read the quote may be close to what you say the quote has nothing to do with - if the analogy to police and thieves isn't an analogy about trying to avoid being caught for doing something wrong, then it really isn't about anything much at all.

If a person is trying to avoid finding God, that assumes they think God exists - you can't actively avoid finding something non-existent. Who tries to avoid finding Darth Vader? The suggestion that people who call themselves "atheists" (note the scare quotes, as are found in the original quote) actually believe in a god but just don't want to be held responsible for immoral behavior is a common (not to mention arrogant and ignorant) argument. It's an attempt to say that there are no "real" atheists, just angry or dishonest theists who refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

This quote appears, on multiple levels, to tie into that argument. Of course, perhaps Rufus had none of that in mind when using it and was completely unaware of all the implications. I don't know - I can't read his mind. Regardless, my signature is not intended to equate belief with intoxication or to suggest that it is transitory. I had very different things in mind, but I choose not to explain it and instead allow people to interpret on their own - just as Rufus did.

Wouldnt you agree, that the similarity in our tag lines is remarkable? Wouldnt you also agree that it could be seen as a response to mine? Wouldnt that suggest antagonism? Wouldnt that, further suggest disquiet? Wouldnt that suggest that we speak of this no more? I think so.
Goodbye.Big Grin

Cave canem

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pegger3D
Jun 29, 2016, 11:11