Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not The Queen Mary 2

Gray, foggy, rainy... But the snow is melting. Smile

[Image: img_0950-hdrtm.jpg]

Original size

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

This is truly beautiful - I love it! The colours are superb and the ripples, reflections and sheen on the water are wonderful.

I've been playing some more with some of my own old images, coverting to 32bit in CS2 then back to 16bit and adjusting from there. I've also been doing some TM of images I converted to 32bit tiffs in CS2, taken them into Photomatix and mapped them. I've noticed how the TM can sometimes make it possible to get some awesome effects on water. You're so right about this addiction - it's great fun!

Many thanks for the "how to" thread too. Cool

Pol

wow G.. I love the atmosphere in those trees. The air looks thick enough to cut with a knife in there, yet without restricting visibility much somehow.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Vibrant colour in this almost colourless image. Can you please share what you have done?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Color and fog lovely.

This is magnificent. You guys are out of my league in terms of post process. What are you talking about?

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your kind words! Smile

Well what did I do... This is an HDR image from 5 exposures. This wouldn't really have been necessary as there wasn't so much contrast in the scene, but I wanted to see what happened. Sometimes it makes the colors look more vivid. Also, I used a plugin called "AutoEye" to increase the contrast and bring out more detail. That's it, more or less. I think at some point I tried to reduce the noise, with little avail.

I love the foggy treeline...

I must say that this HDR looks very natural...

Don Schaeffer Wrote:This is magnificent. You guys are out of my league in terms of post process. What are you talking about?
HDR = High Dynamic Range.

TM = Tone mapping, which is a process carried out qith "Photomatix" software.

There's an explanation about HDR and Photography HERE
and the Photomatix site is HERE where there's a trial version of the software available, alternatively.

Pol

I'm browsing my pictures as it is too rainy to go out and shoot new ones. I found that I have a closer view of this old lady.

[Image: img_1010-hdrtm.jpg]

Larger size

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Mar 30, 2010, 19:50