Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Woodland Flowers

My Camera ain't too good with landscape, but I like the macro.

[Image: Flowers%20of%20the%20woods1.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Nice colourful flowers! The patterns on the insides are very unique indeed!

Love the pattern on those, Thanx for sharing! Wink

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

They are weeds, pretty though. Kind of like a foxglove, the heads are about 2.5" deep.
This was taken in Wales this summer at the roadside.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

g'day and welcome NT73,

Quote:They are weeds, pretty though.
one mans weed is anothers flower.......Big Grin

great shot good colours and pattern, they do remind me of a foxglove too.

cheers Russ

Very nice macro! I really like these flower a lot... Last year I was looking for a nice picture of these ones, but I couldn't get any... I hope this year I have better luck Smile

Welcome to Shuttertalk Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

My wife says it's Digitalis or maybe wild foxglove.

This is an Aquilegia in the garden, also macro.

[Image: 97_Aquilegia%20w.jpg]

Lumix LX5.

The first one is foxglove...
I met an Italian gardener in another site, and he has these flowers in his garden. When I saw his picture last year, he promised to send me some seeds... I saw his promise more like politeness than something that truly could happend..... Yesterday I received an evelope from Italy with the seeds... I am so happy... Smile

Btw, I don't know if you know that they are poisonous... Here is a link with information... if you want to read...

The second one is a gorgeous macro as well... I didn't know there were these flowers in those colors... They look very Caribbean Smile ...... I have some of those in the garden as well... but mine are very pale in color...

Paul Cezanne

That's a cracking shot of the Aquilegia, NT. Beautiful colours too.

Like Irma, we usually only get the paler coloured varieties appearing - all of them wild, all of them appearing in random areas of the garden. We also have lots of Foxgloves around the garden, several different colours, also appeared as wild originally. So I let the Aquilegia seed now, also the Foxgloves - which sometime grow maybe 6 or 7ft tall in the sheltered areas.

Last year we had a more unusual Aquilegia appear. It had a 'double bloom' - sort of like ane flower within another, rossette of petals. I'm hoping the seeds take so that it comes again this year same as it was last year.

Hope your Foxgloves come up too Irma. Wink

Here's a shot of the unusal Aquilegia - not as good as NT's but it gives an idea of how it looked.

[Image: aquil_st.jpg]

Pol

Irma Wrote:The first one is foxglove...
I met an Italian gardener in another site, and he has these flowers in his garden. When I saw his picture last year, he promised to send me some seeds... I saw his promise more like politeness than something that truly could happend..... Yesterday I received an evelope from Italy with the seeds... I am so happy... Smile

Btw, I don't know if you know that they are poisonous... Here is a link with information... if you want to read...

The second one is a gorgeous macro as well... I didn't know there were these flowers in those colors... They look very Caribbean Smile ...... I have some of those in the garden as well... but mine are very pale in color...
I am pleased you like them Irma .Just had a quick look on the link.
'Fairy Thimbles' Must be big fairies. Our fairies would fit inside a foxglove.:/

Lumix LX5.

NT, Now that you gave me this name for foxglove I searched for more info and I got a lot of funny readings about some legends... It is a very special plant I think... Smile

Polly Wrote:Hope your Foxgloves come up too Irma. Wink
Thanks Polly Smile I hope I can grow them... I am not so good at gardening... but I'll do my best Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post